GOODREADS: Nineteen-year-old Cromwell Dean is the rising star of electronic dance music. Thousands of people adore him. But no one knows him. No one sees the color of his heart. Bonnie Farraday lives for music. She lets every note into her heart, and she doesn’t understand how someone as talented as Cromwell can avoid doing the same. He’s hiding from his past, and she knows it. She tries to stay away from him, but something keeps calling her back.
The story, it’s beautiful. I just read Thousand Boy Kisses and thought that Ticole is somehow Coho. I loved it so I decided to test my new adoration and boy was I right! Now I just want to read more Ticole because I know it’ll be worth my time.
I love stories that teaches us something new. And in this book, I learned more about synesthesia. I learned about music and tempo and rhythm and classic music.
- The idea of time, moving, us being useless to stop it.
- Even if something makes you hate music, whatever it is can often be the catalyst for your next great work.
- Manners cost nothing, son. Always be gracious with those who want to help.
- EASTON to BONNIE: She’s good people. She’s my sister. But she’s more than that. She’s my best friend. Damn, she’s my compass. What the hell is the world without Bonnie? Because I will see you again. Look up, and I will always be there with you. And when it’s your time, I’ll be the one to come and get you.
- I had made many wishes in my life, but Cromwell had been the wish that I never made.
- Cromwell Dean was an enigma.
- And like a forever raging sea, my heart never calmed.
- Her laughter illuminated the room.
- She was my silver.
- Obstacles in life sometimes make you look at the world in ways you never did before.
- Maybe you’re the guardian angel that has arrived to get her through all this.
- She walked into my life like a tornado and knocked me on my ass. And I fell in love with her. Not just a little bit either. She became my whole world.
- Cromwell Dean was my sun.
- The girl, that with one single smile, still completely illuminated my world.
Let’s give Cromwell’s Father the credit he deserves. Yeah? First, he knew from the start that crom was not his son. But he gave him his unconditional love and unwavering support. He swallowed his pride and asked for the help of the person who got his wife pregnant. It must have been hard for him but for his son, he would do anything to achieve his full potential. Hands down.
And Cromwell? to hate his dad so much and blame him for robbing him off his childhood, lashing out and eventually finding out that your father has been killed? To think about the last things you said? That his father died not knowing that he appreciated all his efforts and that he also loved him back. That must have been difficult, the guilt eating you every single day and later finding out that he was not even your father? Whew.
I have to say that I admire how much Easton and Bonnie loved each other. The sibling love for each other is incomparable. The way they hold on to each other, the way they both get strength from each other and how they look out for each other. Wow. And this is ONE BIG SPOILER: Easton taking his own life and eventually saving the life of his twin sister for having a heart failure is BEYOND HEARTBREAKING. My mind is blown and heart is inconsolable.
The creativity, talent and passion in the whole book is truly felt. The lyrics of the song pierces the heart and stays there. The talent and their love for music is all consuming.
I have to say, now I am more freaking intrigued to read Ticole’s other books. ❤ ❤
GOODREADS: One kiss lasts a moment. But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime. One boy. One girl. A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade. A bond that neither time nor distance can break. A bond that will last forever. Or so they believe.
A seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation? Rune’s heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come.
A heartbreaking story of a bestfriend turned to a lover story. It’s not about betrayal or cheating or losing that friendship. It’s more than that. I felt the pain and if I were Rune, I don’t think I would have survived that.
- I always feel better when the light of my life sits beside me and talks to me some.
- This life, well, it’s just a great big adventure while we have it. An adventure to enjoy and love with all of our heart before we go on to the greatest adventure of all.
- Not just everyday kisses, but the special ones, the ones where my heart almost burst from my chest.
- Poppymin! It means MY poppy. For infinity, forever and always. You’re my poppy. I had blinkers on to any other girl. I only saw Poppy. In my world, only she existed.
- Maybe it was because sometimes all we get are moments. There are no do-overs, whatever happens in a moment defines life – perhaps it is life.
- Because something so beautiful can never last forever, shouldn’t last forever. It stays for a brief moment in time to remind us how precious life is. Because something so completely perfect and special is destined to fade.
- Maybe we’re like the cherry blossom, Rune. Like shooting stars. Maybe we loved too much too young and burned so bright that we had to fade out. Extreme beauty, quick death. We had this love long enough to teach us a lesson. To show us how capable of love we truly are.
- Why does it take a life ending to learn how to cherish each day? Why must we wait until we run out of time to start to accomplish all that we dreamed, when once we had all the time in the world? Why don’t we look at the person we love the most like it’s the last time we will ever see them? Because if we did, life would be so vibrant. Life would be so truly and completely lived.
- We should strive for all those precious breaths to be taken in as many precious moments we can squeeze in this short time on earth.
- We all have people who carry us through the worst times, the saddest times, the times that seem impossible to break free from. In one way or another, whether it’s through the Lord or a loved one or both, when we feel like we can’t walk on anymore, someone swoops in to help us, someone carries us through.
- Rune gave Poppy her dream to be able to play in one of the biggest stage: I still wanted you to have this. To have known what this dream would feel like. I wanted you to have a chance in the spotlight. A spotlight that, in my opinion you deserve, not as the person I love most in the entire world but as the best cellist. Tonight, you have the stage, poppymin. I just wanted you to have this dream fulfilled. ❤ ❤
- Poppy gave Rune back his passion to take photographs. She took him to see an exhibit of a famous photographer with pictures that changed the history of the world: A picture of Esther, his wife was included. It reads that even though the picture of his wife didn’t change the world, Esther changed his. ❤ ❤
- Love was simply the tenacity to make sure that the other half of your heart knew he or she was adored in every way. In every minute of every day.
- Poppymin, she was my cherry blossom. An unrivaled beauty, limited in its life. A beauty so extreme in its grace that it can’t last. It stays to enrich our lives, then drifts away in the wind. Never forgotten. Because it reminds us we must live. That life is fragile, yet in that fragility, there is strength. There is love. There is purpose. It reminds us that life is short, that our breaths are numbered and our destiny is fixed, regardless of how hard we fight. It reminds us not to waste a single second. Live hard, love harder. Chase dreams, seek adventures – capture moments. Live beautifully.
- Rune on the Anniversary of Poppy’s death: lighted one thousand lanterns, where there kisses were written – to reach poppy in heaven. — You were enough to last a lifetime.
I love every chapter. I loved the whole book. They are so much in love. They were both pouring their selves to each other. It’s a bit dramatic but god, their acts of love, the theater and the exhibit? ❤ ❤ ❤ my heart on the floor. and the letter of Poppy? Bawling!