Varsity tennis captain, Ezra Faulkner, was supposed to be homecoming king, but that was before—before his girlfriend cheated on him, before a car accident shattered his leg, and before he fell in love with unpredictable new girl Cassidy Thorpe.
- Life is the tragedy
- Words could betray you if you chose the wrong ones, or mean less if you used too many. Jokes could be grandly miscalculated, or stories deemed boring
- If everything really does get better, the way everyone claims, then happiness should be graphable. But that’s crap, because better isn’t quantifiable.
- She tasted like buried treasure and swing sets and coffee. She tasted the way fireworks felt, like something you could get close to but never really have just for yourself.
- I wondered what things what things became when you no longer needed them, and I wondered what the future would hold once we’d gotten past our personal tragedies and proven them ultimately survivable.
- “The funny thing about gold is how quickly it can tarnish
- The way I figured it, keeping quiet was safe. Words could betray you if you choose the wrong ones, or mean less if you used too many.
- The world tends toward chaos, you know
- It was like the part of me that had enjoyed those friends had evaporated, leaving behind a huge, echoing emptiness, and I was scrabbling on the edge of it, trying not to fall into the hole within myself because I was terrified to find out how far down it went.
- You can always tell when it’s Friday. There’s an excitement specific to Fridays, coupled with relief that another week has passed.
- She was achingly effortless, and she would never, in a million years, choose me. But, for the next few minutes, I contented myself with the magnificent possibility that she might.
- She was so gorgeous that it hurt.
- I’m not certain I can pinpoint the exact moment when i became irreparably different.
- Just once, I wan someone to be afraid of losing me.
- Not all nice things have happy endings.
- We’re like positively charged molecule, the rate we’re attracting tragedy.
- We move through each other’s ghosts, leaving behind haunting memories of people who never existed.
Love is confusing and terrifying and 99 times out of 100, it doesn’t work out. but if we had even the slightest chance of being that one, I’m willing to regret you for the rest of my life.
- And it makes you realize there are people in your life so important that they dwarf everything else.
- It’s up to you to figure out who they are.If you have to give up everything else and spend the rest of your days on a boat, who are the must haves, the ones you can’t live without?
- Figure out your own list and then do everything you can to let them know how much they mean to you.
So I asked 33 people of what they would have wanted to know when they were young. We all have regrets.
We all make mistakes. We all have that, ‘I should have done this, I should’ve done that.. ‘ And the list goes on.
So here it is:
1. Listen to your parents or the elderly – Nicole
2. Study First, Landi Later and Play Safe – Pam
3. Value the importance of time – Panda
4. Never grow up! – Baby
5. Go out, Have fun, See the world, Travel and Start building your future – Irma
6. Travel more – Ivy
7. Flirt while you’re young – Donna
8. Enjoy life – Lei
9. Study Hard! – Mark
10. Stick up to what you like – Roumel
11. Focus on your dreams and no turning back – Rich
12. Learn the value of money while you’re still young! Save! – Chris
13. Do more of what makes you happy – Jeska
14. Express your love to your family and spend more time with them – Boy
15. Save money as early as possible. Spend more time with your family – Jojo
16. Take Risk, Be involved, Speak up and Be more present – Vincci
17. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up and never give up! – Pleia
18. Never settle for mediocrity – Bianca
19. Hope you did your best shot – Atria
20. Enjoy the ride – Edward
21. Study Harder and Court you – JM
22. Study Harder and Enjoy College. – Yasmin
23. Explore! Don’t stop until you find that one thing that excites you and makes you feel alive! Laugh at yourself and stumble! – Krismarie
24. Don’t be afraid and Go out of your comfort zone. – Mics
25. You should go out and explore life. Don’t let fear, rejection, failure and future of the unknown eat you and stop you from making mistakes, being happy, living life and loving. – Katz
26. Learn all what you can. Carpe Diem. – Lauren
27. Know your boundaries & Never setlle for anything else. – Mai
28. Don’t let failure hold you back. – Hansel
29. Take your studies seriously. – RJ
30. Go out there and have fun. But don’t forget to save. – Mike
31. Do something today that you will thank yourself later. – Lance
32. Live life with no regrets – Benedict
33. Growth is always outside your comfort zone and never within it. Go on adventures, be bolder, take risks. – Jean Kaye
It’s nice to hear this from friends, colleagues and acquaintances. And as I? : Never be mediocre.
But hey, I don’t think one statement will ever fit all the things we learn in this roller coaster ride, eh?
We can always learn a thing or two from every person we meet.
My wish for you is in whatever stage you are in your life, whatever you are going through right now,
if you’re a high school student, a struggling new graduate, an unemployed 40 year old, a terror professor,
a heinous trader, a practicing lawyer or a retired fellow trying to make a sense in this world,
may you stumble and fall early and learn from it as soon as you can.
As for now, I’ll tuck myself to sleep and welcome tomorrow’s mistakes with open arms.