- There are certain things that could have happened but didn’t. The magic moments go unnoticed, and then suddenly, the hand of destiny changes everything.
- We are not the ones who write the best moments of our lives.
- No one can lie, no one can hide anything, when he looks directly into someone’s eyes.
- There are moments when you have to take risks, to do crazy things.
- Love can only survive when the hope exists that you will be able to win over the person you desire.
- The wise are wise only because they love.
- Lovers need to know how to lose themselves and then how to find themselves again.
- It must have been the lunatics who invented love.
- Love is much like a dam: if you allow a tiny crack to form through which only a trickle of water can pass, that trickle will quickly bring down the whole structure, and soon no one will be able to control the force of the current. For when those walls come down, then love takes over, it no longer matters what is possible and impossible; it doesn’t even matter whether we can keep the loved one at our side. To love is to lose control.
- Love is a trap. When it appears, we see only its light, not its shadows.
- In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and frogs become princes. In real life, the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs.
- Life takes us by surprise and orders us to move toward the unknown – even when we don’t want to and when we think we don’t need to.
- Many times in my life, I have tried to love with all my heart, and my loce has wound up being trampled or betrayed.
- And there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it’s better to lose some of the battles in the struggle for your dreams than to be defeated without ever even knowing what you’re fighting for.
- The universe always help us fight for our dreams, no matter how foolish they may be. Our dreams are our own, and only we can know the effort required to keep them alive.
- But love is always new. Regardless of whether we love once, or twice or a dozen times in our life, we always face a brand new situation. Love can consign us to hell or paradise, but it always takes us somewhere.
- We have to take love where we find it, even if it means hours, days, weeks of disappointments and sadness.
- You’re making me happy. And happiness is something that multiplies when it is divided.
- A thousand times I wanted to take his hand, and a thousand times I stopped myself. I was still confused – I wanted to tell him I loved him, but I didn’t know how to begin.
- Truth resides where there is faith.
- We are our own greatest surprise.
- Waiting is painful, forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering.
- Love is worth every penny of its price.
- The day drags along, you make thousands of plans, you imagine every possible conversation, you promise to change your behaviour in certain ways – and you feel more and more anxious until your loved one arrives. But by then, you don’t know what to say. The hours of waiting have been transformed into tension, the tension has become fear, and the fear makes you embarrassed about showing affection.
- And love always causes stupidity.
- There is some point at which you have to wonder whether all our effort is worth it.
- Because love has never kept anyone away from their dreams.
- We can never judge the lives of others, because each person only knows only their pain and renunciation. It’s one to feel you’re in the right path, but it’s another to that yours is the only path.
- Love perseveres. Its men who change.
I have read this book when I was in third year high school and I wanted to include this in my blog. So here goes. This is an excerpt from what the boy said in a seminar.
You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen. Every day, God gives us the sun — and also one moment in which we have the ability to change everything that makes us unhappy. Every day, we try to pretend that we havent perceived that moment, that it doesn’t exists – that today is the same day as yesterday and will be the same as tomorrow. But if people really pay attention to their everyday lives, they will discover that magic moment. It may arrive in the instant when we are doing something mundane, like putting our front door key in the lock, it may lie hidden in the quiet that follows the lunch hour or in the thousand and one things that all seem the same to us. But that moment exists a moment when all the power of the stars becomes a part of us and enables us to perform miracles.
Joy is sometimes a blessing, but it is often a conquest. Our magic moment helps us to change and sends us off in search of our dreams. Yes, we are going to suffer, we will have difficult times, and we will experience many disappointments – but all of it is transitory, it leaves no permanent mark. And one day, we will look back with pride and faith at the journey we have taken.
Pitiful is the person who is afraid of taking risks. Perhaps this person will never be disappointed or disillusioned; perhaps she won’t suffer the way people do when they have a dream to follow. But when that person looks back and at some point, every person looks back – she will never hear her heart saying ‘What have you done with the miracles god has planted i your days?”
Pitiful are the people who must realize this. Because when they are finally able to believe in miracles, their life’s magi moments will have already passed them by.
Contary to what other people has been telling me, 11 minutes is not all about the big word – SEX. It may revolve around a girl who became a prostitute on her way of discovering her dreams. But it runs deeper than her profession. As I see it, this girl learned life in the process.
Here are some of the things I think are noteworthy words of Paulo in this book.
Sometimes, life is very mean. A person can spend days, weeks, months and years without feeling anything new. Then, when a door opens, a positive avalanche pours in. One moment, you have nothing, the next, you have more than you can cope with.
The most important experiences a man can have are those that take him to the limit – that is the only way we learn, because it requires all courage.
The fire that provoked by the spark soon burned out.
The universe only makes sense when we have someone to share things with.
Considering the way the world is, one happy day is a miracle.
‘I am two women. One wants to have all the joy, passion and adventure that life can give me. The other wants to be a slave to routine, to family life, to the things that can be planted and achieved.’
You awaken desire by not immediately handing over the object of that desire.
Because endings are always more difficult than beginning
The strongest love is the love that can demonstrate fragility
If you want to achieve your objectives, you have to be prepared for a daily dose of pain or discomfort. It’s unpleasant and demotivating, but in time you come to realize that its part of the process of feeling good. .
Sex has come to be used as some kind of drug; in order to escape reality, to forget about problems, to relax.
Two people who live together and love each other need to adjust the hands of their clocks, with patience and perseverance, games.
We don’t need theater to find suffering. Life offers us more than enough opportunities.
After all, we human beings, we are born full of guilt, we feel terrified when happiness becomes a real possibility; and we die wanting to punish everyone else because we feel impotent, ill-used and happy.
– from my well loved and famous author, Paulo Coelho
When words fail is, tears jump to the rescue. These are expressions of what our hearts can no longer keep in, of thoughts that would hurt too much if ever verbalized. It releases bottled up joy, sorrow, anguish and pain.
Emotional tears have hormones, leucine enkephalin, a natural painkiller. That’s why when we cry our hearts out, we actually do feel a lot better.