Where are the famous buried?
As you know, I recently finished the book Before Ever After and if you’ve read my Book Review, I also mentioned that there were a lot of pocket of information and Europe Exploration in the book. — And I happen to be curious about this specific cemetery in the book’s itinerary.
Pere Lachaise happens to be the largest cemetery in Paris measuring in 110 acres of land. It is not only famous for its size but people flock here because of the famous souls buried in this place. The Tour or the visit to Pere Lachaise is actually free but based from what I’ve read, there are a lot who are offering a walking tour. (like I said, largest and a lot of famous people)
Of the famous people are Oscar Wilde, Jim Morrison, Peter and Heloise Abelard, Frederic Chopin and Moliere among others. Aside from these famous individuals, it is also home to about 300,000 to 1,000,000 bodies.
Now, I know. 😀 If you happen to be in Paris, will you be visiting Pere Lachaise? And who here has? Share your experience here. ❤
Goodreads: Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris–until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all…including a serious girlfriend.
I love how I was able to travel along the streets, towers, and cinemas of Paris because of this book. I somehow have this love and hate relationship for the way Etienne acted. I loved how this book depicted the ‘kilig’ moments of Anna when Etienne leaves some traces of affection for her. But I also hate how he fell for someone else when he has a FREAKING GIRLFRIEND and COMMITTED. Fuck it, Etienne! You should’ve ended things first before falling for Anna! Asshole.
Some lines I loved:
- All I know is his crooked smile and his confident swaggery walk.
- But I feel his stare as if it were the heat of the sun.
- Boys turn girls into such idiots.
- When Etienne brought Anna to POINT ZERO DES ROUTES (It’s the beginning of everything)
- You only get a limited number in life. Falling Stars, eyelashes, dandelions, birthday candles.
- When St. Clair defended Anna – ‘I want Anna on my team, and you’d be lucky to have her’.
- When St. Clair confessed drunk: ‘I like you. and I don’t mean as a friend’.
- This time his grin is full and dazzling, and it catches me off guard. My heart stops.
- The only consistent bright spot was St. Clair.
- Is it possible for home to be a person? and not a place?
- The kind of person who radiates a natural magnetic field, who everyone is drawn to, who everyone is dazzled by?
- Being called Etienne rather than what all people used to call him – St. Clair.
- Will you please tell me you love me? — I’m dying here.
- River Seine
- Notre Dame
- Point Zero
- Arc de Triomphe
- The Pantheon
- Jardin du Luxembourg
- Grand Bassin
- Champ de Mars
- Galerie des Chimeres
BOOK? SO – SO. ;l
HA! I am pretty quite on track with my reading challenge! 🙂
Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart.
Noteworthy Lines / Scenes:
- Stay here next weekend. Go out with me.
- I wonder if I’m news worthy.
- It doesn’t matter. I’m with you. I’m happy to be anywhere with you.
- He tastes like desire. He tastes like my deepest craving fulfilled.
- So tell me about him. Tell me who I should be jealous of.
- You were definitely on my radar.
- Our fingers are in each other’s hair, and his breath is in the hollow of my neck and I wish the world would swallow us here, whole in this moment. And that’s when it hits me that this – is falling in love.
- We can’t stop smiling at each other. I can’t believe adults get to do this everyday. And I don’t mean sex. though it’s wonderful but things like this. Brushing our teeth at the same sink. Do adults realize how lucky they are? Or do they forget that these small moments are actually small miracles?
- I want a lot more of these nights with you, Isla. I want all of my nights with you.
- I want you to know that I love you. And I want to be with you. No matter what happens.
- The way he looked at you? He was consumed.
- If I never leave those areas of my life that feel comfortable, I’ll never have a chance at a greater happiness.
- A blank canvas has unlimited possibilities.
- I’ve always thought the best relationships are those that are as happy and content in silence as they are in action
- Take a risk. Take a fucking risk. If you keep playing it safe, you’ll never know who you are.
- I love that it shows the petty issues that high school couple face: which is the possibility of being apart after school, going to different colleges and old flames.
- I love that the male counterpart in this story is an artist!! A cartoonist. :)) I would love to have this turn into a movie and just look at the pictures that josh has been drawing.
- I love that they have a secret place. ❤
- I love that they both sneak out to travel.
- I also love how this book shows how isla is unsure of her future. It reminds me of myself.
- The Temple of Dendur
- Joyeux Noel