Okay, I didn’t say Goals. I said, Achievable. We have this certain notion every new year to write our yearly goals or create our vision boards and yet, we don’t really stick to them. Do we?
So instead of saying I’ll achieve a six pack abs for 2015, I’d say:
1. Workout thrice a week. Whatever it may be, dancing to the beat of wiggle wiggle on a 1 hr zumba video, going back to my pole dancing, running around triangle, playing badminton or simply a workout inside my room. Thrice a week. Hopefully it gets me a more toned middle area and a toned arms.
2. Save. I cannot stress it enough. I need to save. I noticed that by around March, my bank account is doing okay. But when December comes, let alone January, I’m back to square one. Grabe. Saving is so hard. Saving is one of my hardest climb. Gah.
3. Invest. Invest in the Stock Market. Not in a Money Market placement but in stocks. Risky, yes. But I will have to take advantage of my working — being in a bank where I get more information on financial status and updates. First quarter of 2015, I will.
4. Travel More. As they say, this is the only way to send your money that gets you richer, ain’t it? On my list: Ilocos – ohmygod. pagbigyan na ko, parang awa. Siargao, Sumilon Island, Batanes, Bantayan Island and Calaguas.
5. Hike. As it gets you to see the world in another view. Oh please. So really, How can I save? Hihihi. On my list: Mt. Pinatubo, ofcourse. Taal Volcano, Mt. Batulao, Mt. Batoluson, Mt. Pulag, Mt. Gulugod – Baboy, Mt. Maculot, and Pico de Loro.
6. Hydrate. I am the most non-liquid drinker there is. I can go on a day without drinking anything, and the bad thing is; I don’t mind. I only ever have to drink when the food I am eating is spicy or something. So now, I’ll drink water at least 6 glasses or so.
7. Smile often. I have heard time and again, people have been telling me that my face says ‘get away!’. My face, my eyes and the way I carry myself is so unfriendly. So my resolution? Talk to people, Smile and Smile and Smile.
8. Go to church / chapel atleast twice a week. One is doable, ofcourse as we go to mass every sunday. During my darkest time, I go to Greenbelt Chapel every so often. So now, I’m bringing it back. It doesn’t have to be everyday. But atleast, twice a week to update and just talk. 🙂
9. Read more. I have been reading. I have been reading more compared to most people. But what I mean here is, I’ll try to read more sensible books, read the newspaper or news from social media, politics, money, corporate updates and actually remember them.
10. See people. Say Yes. A lot of my friends has been telling that I am wrapped in a big bubble of friends. And that friends alone. So now, I’ll schedule a date with my other friends too. And say Yes to more invites!
- SAVE – A weekly act, which starts with Php 50 and an additional Php 50 for the second one. And hopefully, learn to invest intelligently.
- GRATITUITY BOTTLE – A daily act of writing anything to be thankful of during the day. – may it be for a perfect hair, a Php 10,000 deposit or a day with loved ones.
- AVOIDING JUNK – Because it’s too easy to give in to junkfood while watching your favorite TV series. And MCDO is just beside our office – sinful fries it is.
- SMILE – I don’t know what second year college handed to me. I became antisocial and avoided people. This time, I’ll assume and see everything good in a person.
- EXERCISE – I wanted to start doing exercises daily. But to keep it safe, at least do exercise thrice in a week.
I just wish I had the commitment to continue.