DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE?
A crime negotiator, considered the best in his field was framed of corruption and murder of his partner. Now he, planned for a hostage environment in order to find out the truth.
All throughout the hostage, I thought it was really Niebaum! The movie has a way of sticking out a certain character to mislead you and there were a lot. The chief was being unsupportive, so I also thought he was involved among others.
Overall, I liked the movie and it’s recommendable. ❤
Did you like this movie? Leave a comment and let’s discuss! Spread kindness and please subscribe!
Trials are too important to be left up to juries
First of all, I didn’t know that there’s a business operation based solely on the careful selection of a jury! Two opposing lawyers will battle it out in court proving that the defendant is innocent or that the defendant is guilty. But the mere study and cautious selection of the right type of jury can sway, make or break your case.
Two, have you seen Meet the Fockers? I cannot really picture him as a serious lawyer. 😛 Three, I salute Easter in the movie of how he can silently influence the other jurors. Four, the real action I think is not really inside the court room (as I would have wanted) but rather the silent manipulation happens outside.
Overall, the novel turned movie is okay. Though it’s not something I would recommend or watch again.
Who of you has seen the movie? Did you like it?
Leave comments below so we can discuss the movie. ❤ and if you can like this post and subscribe. Thank you. ❤
I was watching Fracture last night – and I liked it. I wanted Anthony Hopkins to get caught so bad. Anyway, the movie introduced me to Double Jeopardy.
Double Jeopardy means a person cannot be tried twice for the same crime based on the same conduct. The defense of double jeopardy also prevents the state from retrying a person for the same crime after he has been acquitted. No person shall “be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb.”
- To preserve the finality of criminal proceedings, which would be compromised if the government were allowed to ignore verdicts it did not like;
- To impose limits on prosecutors’ power; and
- To protect individuals from the financial and emotional toll of repeated prosecutions.
Eligibility for Double Jeopardy protection:
- If a defendant was never previously in legal “jeopardy,” then subsequent prosecution is not prohibited.
- Once an individual has been placed in legal jeopardy and the jeopardy has ended, the government cannot continue to pursue a prosecution against the person for the same crime, because this would violate the rule against double jeopardy.
- The double jeopardy rule applies to re-prosecution for the same offense
What constitutes the same offense?
- the “actual evidence” has already been presented in court
- whether all the alleged criminal acts were part of the “same transaction,”
- whether the defendant is being prosecuted a second time for the “same conduct.”
Corporate Manslaughter is a crime. It enables a corporation to be punished and censured for culpable conduct that leads to a person’s death. It extends beyond any compensation that might be awarded in civil litigation or any criminal prosecution of an individual.
The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 was passed in UK last April 2008. It’s been a crime in England and Hong Kong.
It is every corporations’ responsibility to provide its employee’s a safe and healthy environment.
Infanticide is the unlawful killing of very young children. It is found in both indigenous and sophisticated cultures around the world.
Reason behind why some countries practice this? to restrict poverty and control population. Don’t you think it’s better to educate the society about family planning instead? They have a life and a world to explore just like you do, just like the people who has been killing children.
It has been regarded as regarded as a productive and efficient way to control starvation and poor standards of living caused by over population.
A more detailed article on infanticide.