Before anything else, I’d like to greet everyone a Happy Love Month. ❤
With this, I’d like to start talking about our wedding. Not necessarily our wedding per se. But I’d like to share with you our Wedding Planning Journey which I hope you can get some insights and/or tips on. 🙂
I’d like to believe I’m a pretty much Bridechilla type. 😀 Most of the time, it’s the fiancee who keeps planning NON-STOP. It got to a point where I had to limit our wedding planning to some days. ❤ He understands. Haha.
Okay! So before you start looking for your church and venue, you at least need to know the following:
- NUMBER of GUESTS – The venue will depend on the number of guests you have. If you want an intimate or a grand wedding, you need to have a ballpark of who you want to invite.
- CHURCH or GARDEN or BEACH? If you’re Catholic, you need to have the wedding ceremony inside the church but if otherwise, you can have it anywhere you want.
- THEME – Your theme should dictate everything you plan about your wedding. You don’t want to end up having all sorts of different pinterest pieces that would might look like a jungle. Right? May it be a classic clean cut look, rustic, floral, travel theme, old and vintage… You need to have this in mind all the time.
- SEVERAL DATE OPTIONS – If you’re like me who’s somewhat sentimental.. You will be disappointed. So you need to be armed with several date choices. We wanted our Anniversary which is May, but we thought it’s too far. Next option was November 18 since that was our first date but there was no available church and time on the date. So we chose the closest one. It may not be our first option, but remember — the value of the date comes from what happens right? The important thing is that you celebrate being one that day.
- MANILA or DESTINATION – One of the most important thing you need to consider . . . Out of town fees!! It might seem small for 1 supplier that could range from Php 2,000 – Php 7,000 but if all suppliers will have one, it would cost a lot. But if you’re already set with your venue and church — try looking for suppliers who are in the area.
It would save you a lot of time if you know the following details above. It can extremely trim down your list. To be honest, even BEFORE my fiancee proposed, we were already talking a lot about our wedding. I, for one have been following different IG venues, bride and breakfast and the like. It’s a good thing I can freely discuss it with him without scaring him off. An added bonus? He’s also doing the same thing! ❤ before he proposed. So when he finally did, we both had ideas on what and where we want it.
Okayyyyy, so where did we start? I HAD a Non – Negotiable Church and Venue.
My Non Negotiable Church – St Benedict Parish
It definitely screams J-A-N-N-A everywhere. (cue in sad tears). It had pristine all white walls, it was clean cut anywhere you look. The problem? The next available weekend is 2 years from where we are looking at. And we didn’t want to wait that long. We can’t do it on a weekday because it would be too selfish of us.
My Non Negotiable Venue – Villa Milagros
Okay, before Bride & Breakfast did a feature on the venue, I had my eyes set on this venue. Why? It goes so well with my personality. ❤ Also, all white – it gives you the feeling of sophistication and class. It wasn’t too popular before, which I love and you will have the whole place to ourselves. The problem? We couldn’t find a beautiful church nearby. And, the place was a little too pricey and would require a lot of add ons and corkage.
What Next? Here are the different churches we considered and visited:
- Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish
This was our second best church. ❤ It was lovely. If you’re looking for something in the Metro with a huge capacity, this is it. It also has this classy feel. We didn’t pick this because we couldn’t find the perfect venue near this church.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Parish
For me, this is okay. There was no heartbeat though. It didn’t exude a fleeting feeling. It’s a church, alright but I think it didn’t fit my personality although this was near our venue.
- San Antonio de Padua
The lawn outside the church makes it a perfect for photoshoot before and after the ceremony. But our friends is getting married here the week before our date so we opted to eliminate this one from our list.
- Madre de Dios
This church is beautiful. It’s interior is somehow the same with my Non Nego church. But you are only allowed to have your ceremony here if you’re booking Tagaytay Highlands as your reception venue. We tried, but the rates given to us are really expensive yet there’s limited inclusions.
- Santuario de San Ezekiel
The structure and built of the church is quite similar with Sacred Heart of Jesus. But this is so close to home and I didn’t want that. 😀 This is about 10 minutes away from our house.
- Our Lady of Ephesus
If you’re having an intimate, quiet wedding, this is for you. The church is plain and a bit small. There’s also restrictions on the flowers. But if you want an all in one venue, this is inside Bella Rosa Gardens. We were about to book this Church and Venue already but we chose not to since we thought that guests might find it too far. It’s not but it’s situated inside residential areas and is hard to find.
Here are the different venues we considered and visited:
- Palazzo Verde
This is fiance’s first and only choice right after seeing their rates. Let me just burst your bubble of doubt. We inquired around November 2018 and the rates are around Php 700k. With this, you already have the church, accommodation, venue, photo & video, flowers, mobile bar, coffee bar and coordinator. It really saves you a lot of hassle looking for suppliers since most of the major suppliers are already included. However, I decided to shy away from venue at the first opportunity because it’s already too popular and I know a lot who got married here. I didn’t like the idea.
- Bella Rosa Gardens
You have 2 choices here: indoor and outdoor. The indoor area can fit about 100 while the outdoor can probably seat 300 or more. But in my opinion, you’d probably get the best value of the venue if you hold it outdoor, in their garden. It’s beautiful. They also have accommodation already and the bridal suite is really spacious. They even have a pool for the guests. The good thing about this place is they only book 1 event per day so you have all their attention. They can somehow be your coordinator during the day. We didn’t book this because of its location which we thought is hard to find.
- The Forest Barn
For this one, we didn’t actually visit the venue anymore because it’s not suited for our theme. But if you’re having a rustic themed wedding, you can consider this. Don’t get me wrong. I love the venue but we also can’t have a garden wedding so I omitted this one already.
- La Faite
I love the yellow lights, low ceiling, relaxed environment of this venue. They also have rooms where the bride and groom squad can stay during the wedding day. This also has a rustic feel so we didn’t choose this. But I still stalk their IG up to this day. ❤
- Alta Veranda de Tibig
Have you seen their infamous arc? It’s absolutely stunning. This probably is the perfect backdrop during a wedding ceremony or a perfect place to set up the couple’s area during the reception. I am in love with the place. ❤ Too bad, they are quite pricey.
We have been keeping this place in our radar for quite some time already. The fiancee also loves this place. We didn’t bother visiting since we are aware of their packages which we can’t afford. 😀
- Villa Milagros
Again, this is my Non negotiable which I didn’t get. So I should probably stop saying that this is a non negotiable for me. 😀 I’ll let the picture do the talking. ❤
I listed the things you should consider before looking for your church and venue right? But you also need to be armed with questions when you visit them so that you’ll have all the details that you need to do an informed decision.
For the Church
- Principal Sponsors – Do they have a limit on the number? What if they failed to be present during the ceremony?
- Parking – Do they have enough for your number of guests?
- Flowers – Some churches have a limit on the flowers and there are only areas where you can place them. It may be different from what you have planned.
- Photo & Video – In what areas are they allowed? Is there a limit? Some churches only have areas for PV team to stand as they may interrupt the ceremony.
- Songs – Are you allowed to insert non church songs? Can you pick the songs?
- Vows – Are you allowed to recite your vows
- Attire – Bridal Attire restrictions and entourage
- Others – Are you allowed to shower petals or what not. Some churches are very strict with garbage.
- Inclusions – what are the other inclusions? Do they provide for the offertory?
- Requirements – there are standard marriage requirements but it’s safe to ask if the church has other requirements
- Additional Fees – Will you be incurring additional fees? For the electricity?
For the Venue:
- Inclusions of the Package – does it include the caterer? Lights and sounds? Decor?
- Accredited Suppliers – list of their accredited suppliers. Do they charge if you book a supplier not on the list?
- Parking – is it enough for your guests?
- Space – do they have enough space for the cocktails? Mobile bar? Coffee bar? Photo Booth? And other things you might want to add?
- Styling – Is styling included in the package. If the venue is bare, you might need to incur additional charges for the styling.
- Engagement – Once you book them, can you do your prenup there free of charge?
- Preparation Venue – During the wedding day, do they have an area where the entourage can stay?
- Accommodation – What are the nearest accommodations in the area? It might help to provide your guests with this list especially if it’s a destination wedding.
- Lights and Sounds – Do they have a mixer? What are included in the package?
- Backdrop – Should you book another supplier for the backdrop? Or is it included?
- Payment terms – this is important so you know what your cash flow is.
- Number of Hours – how many hours can you use the venue? How much will they charge you if you stay beyond?
- Weather Provisions – Can you transfer your event indoors if it starts to rain?
- Fireworks – are you allowed to set off fireworks?
These are only the things I’ve learned in four months since we got engaged. It’s still best to research beforehand. Read reviews, ask your friends, visit the place and think of all the scenarios so you are prepared.
Hope you learned a thing or two. 😀 I’ll update this if I happen to encounter something else. Happy Preps, Brides! ❤
The Surprising science behind why everything you know about success is mostly wrong.
Chapter 1: Should we play it safe and do what we’re told if we want to succeed? Does playing by the rules pay off?
- When are our weakness actually strengths? Is it better to be an outlier with both handicaps and superpowers? Or do we live better lives at the middle of the bell curve?
- Differential susceptibility hypothesis: The same genes that lead to bad stuff can actually lead to great stuff in a different situation.
- David Dobbs in The Atlantic: the very genes that gives us the most trouble as species causing behaviors that are self-destructive and antisocial, also underlie humankind’s phenomenal adaptability and evolutionary success.
- Hopeful Monster: an individual that deviates radically from the norm in a population because of a genetic mutation that confers a potentially adaptive advantage.
- Pixar Experience: pixar is thinking that they are starting to lose their edge after ‘Finding Nemo’. They hired a new CEO so that they will have a new strategy. This new CEO’s tactic was to hire the BLACKSHEEP of the company and give them absolute liberty to be creative. Result? a blockbuster The Incredibles”. ‘The same traits that make people a nightmare to deal with can also make them the people who change the world.
- Idea of Intensifiers: qualities that are universally awful have their own uses in specific contexts. Example, Formula 1 cars are undrivable on city streets but break records on a track. When it comes to the extremes of performance, averages doesn’t matter. What matters is variance, those deviations from the norm. Almost universally, we humans try to filter out the worst to increase the average, but by doing so, we also decrease variance.
- Mad Genius Paradox: mildly creative people are mentally healthier than average – but extremely creative people have a far higher incidence of mental disorders.
- Venture Capital Business Mindset: Invest in strength versus lack of weakness. The companies that have the really extreme strengths often have serious flaws. But if you don’t invest on the basis of serious flaws, you don’t invest in most of the big winners.
- Leadership Filtration Theory: reaching the heights of success requires a dip into qualities that are otherwise problematic.
- Know Thyself – In terms of achieving what you want in life, means being aware of your strengths. What are you good at that consistently produces desired results?
- Pick the right pond – You’ve got to pick the right environment that work for you. When you choose your pond wisely, you can best leverage your type, your strengths, and your context to create tremendous value.
Too often we label things good or bad when the right designation might merely be different. We spend too much time trying to be ‘good’ when good is merely average. To be great, we must be different. And that doesn’t come from trying to follow society’s vision of what is best, because society doesn’t always know what it needs. More often being best means just being the best version of you. In the right environment, bad can be good and odd can be beautiful.
Wikipedia: ‘The series is set around the fictional character of Police Sergeant David Budd, a heroic British Army war veteran suffering from PTSD, who is now working as a specialist protection officer for the Royalty and Specialist Protection Branch of London’s Police Sevice. He is assigned to protect the ambitious Home Secretary, Julia Montague, whose politics stand for everything he despises.’
You know what makes me keep watching? I still don’t know who the bad guy is! ❤ … UNTIL NOW.
And yes, I have been watching Netflix non stop. 😀
Wikipedia: ‘Joel and Sheila Hammond are everyday suburban real estate agents in Santa Clarita. The couple face a series of obstacles when Sheila has a physical transformation into a zombie and starts craving human flesh. With Joel and the family trying to help Sheila through the trying time, they have to deal with neighbors, cultural norms and getting to the bottom of a potentially mythological mystery.’
- No more doing this separately. From now on, we fuck everything up together.
- Sometimes you do shit you never expected for the people you love.
Okay, this might a little too chick flick for some but I actually enjoyed this series. My mom and I finished the 2 seasons in 1 day, this playing in the background while we keep our christmas decors. ❤
Let’s just take a moment and give Joel Hammond the praise and the ‘BEST HUSBAND’ award that he completely deserves. Right? C’mon. If this ever happened to me, I will not be able to sleep beside my wife. I’d have both of my eyes open, waiting for her to attack me. But this, Joel has been accepting everything relatively easy!! He has been providing her with food, buying groceries, plotting ways to kill people to feed her wife! He is even willing to go to prison! Man, we all need a Joel in our lives. — the perfect crime partner. ❤ AND, He has the looks. ❤
Also, I love how this is just a light watch. The family is witty and quirky enough. The daughter and the best friend is equally entertaining. Notice how the deputy’s face, Anne is annoying – just as her character is. This might seem ‘corny’ to me at first as how all zombie movies is to me but I’m glad I gave this one a chance. 🙂
P.S. I will be waiting for the third season. ❤
Goodreads: Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google are the four most influential companies on the planet. Just about everyone thinks they know how they got there. Just about everyone is wrong. Whether you want to compete with them, do business with them, or simply live in the world they dominate, you need to understand the Four.
So let’s not be a hypocrite. I am a fan of the four, just like everybody else. You have to admit, at some point in your life, you wanted to work for them. I want to pick their brains out, have breakfast with them and find out what they talk about on a daily basis.
Let me list down what Scott Gallaway has to say about the Four Horsemen..
- Amazon (Earth’s Biggest Store) lower cost, greater selection and faster delivery.
Amazon’s rise rests on its appeal to our instincts. Bezos realized reviews could do the hard work of retailing for him. Customers do the marketing. By acting quickly and decisively – you force competitors to respond to your last maneuver as you’re entering the next one. It”s core competence is storytelling. They are replacing profits with vision and growth.
2. Google (Modern Man’s God)
Who else inspires so many queries about the unknown from all corners of the world? The insights into consumer behavior Google gleans from a billion queries each day make this horseman the executioner of traditional brands and media.
3. Facebook (Most Successful Thing in Human History)
It’s gaining influence faster than any enterprise in history. It’s algorithm can be used to microtarget distinct populations in specific geographic areas. It offers unparalleled granularity, assuring that advertisers only spend money on people who are already in-market. It decides which content is best suited to convey advertising and who will see it.
4. Apple (Most Profitable Company in History)
The global badge of wealth, education and western values. It counts among its congregation the most important people in the world: The Innovators. Apple decided to pursue scarcity to achieve out sized irrational profits. Apple is the first company to have a shot at multi generational success.
- The key to success in e-commerce wasn’t execution but creating the hype around a company’s potential, and then selling it to some rich sucker before the house of cards caved in.
- The key to success in a multi channel era is knowing which channel to optimize and how to cater to our hunter-gatherer instincts.
- What can you do that gives you an advantage that’s hugely expensive and that no one else can afford?
- All do more with less, all put people out of work.
- When we allow an enterprise to run unchecked and lawless, we’ve lost respect for the proper standards they, versus other firms get to play by. It only adds further fuel to the flames of inequality.
Five Key Attributes to Success
- Iconic Founder
- Vertical Integration
- Price Premium
The society trusts the four horsemen so much that we allow them to listen to our conversation, monitor our transactions, keep track of what we’re doing and harvest our consumption data. We give them so much power in to our private lives. The four is leveraging big data and has an unrivaled knowledge of consumer purchasing patterns. We have voluntarily handed over all information.
The four have so much power over our lives that most of us would be rocked to the core if one or more of them were to disappear.
P.S. The book’s really good. It will give you insights that you never thought or ever looked into. I suggest you pick up the book, head over to the counter, pay for it and lock yourself in a room until you finish it. ❤
IMDB: When a congressional aide is killed, a Washington D.C. journalist starts investigating the case involving the congressman, his old college friend.
I’m going to warn you that this will be a spoiler:
Sonia Baker, the head researcher of congressman was killed by an unidentified man. The congressman and his team is investigating a company, Pointcorp that is said to gain billions if the contract was finalized. During a hearing, the congressman was seen crying about the death of Sonia Baker, who is apparently — his mistress. Cal, an old friend of the congressman and Della are both journalists who started investigating the case.
What really happened? Pointcorp planted Sonia Baker in the congressman’s team to be a spy and tell them everything. But months after her assignment, she fell in love and she stopped giving information to Pointcorp. Since then, they have been harassing her and calling her nonstop. So the congressman became jealous and hired an assassin who he once saved his life to monitor, follow and report to him. Apparently, this assassin hated pointcorp and killed Sonia Baker without the congressman’s authorization.
One part of the movie tackles journalism. I think it’s important to have independent newspapers that seeks to know the truth, investigate on an issue may it be politicians or the government.
I love how there are twists as the story unfolds. Any movie recommendations for me? ❤
In 2018, I turned 27. 10 years ago, I thought by this age, I already have a very successful restaurant or that I’m already at the top of the corporate ladder and won an YMMA award. There are things I’ve dreamed of owning at this age such as my own house, my own car, a very fat bank account which can last a luxurious life for 5 years.
In 2018, I traveled to one of my bucket list places; New York. It’s surreal to look back on it. It’s only my second time in US and though I would have wanted to explore new countries, I am grateful to tick this one off. 😀 I also got to spend time with relatives. I know my mom has been itching to visit her siblings and I know how happy she was to spend time with them. We were also introduced to one of our cousins there: Brandon.
In 2018, Our family got bigger. My sister finally gave birth to Elle, my goddaughter and she is beautiful and special. I cannot believe how much my sister grew and matured just by being a mother. It’s exciting to see her blossom like that for her child. I finally met Kyle, the son of one of my closest cousin. My cousin Marc also found out that he will be having a kid. ❤ My cousin Derek also was blessed with a new Rodriguez Baby Girl. Lastly, my cousin Alexis also welcomed a baby girl Zoey.
In 2018, I found out I have lumps. I guess it’s teaching me not to ignore APEs. I found out I have 4 and 3 in my breasts and several lumps in my uterus which needs to be monitored. But thankfully, nothing that we need to worry about in the near future.
In 2018, I graduated and earned the three letters, MBA. My journey in earning the degree has been filled with tears, coffee, tons of pressure and grit. I’m glad that’s over but I’ll be missing everything about it too.
In 2018, I got engaged. I still can’t understand how I feel about it. It’s all sort of mixed emotions. I’m beyond happy and excited to start living our married life. I want to skip the wedding preparations and the wedding and jump off to living and facing everyday with the love of my life. But I feel extremely sad to be leaving my family too. I didn’t know I would miss everything so bad. I cannot believe I will not be spending everyday with them.
There’s a lot of things that didn’t go as I planned it to be or how I imagined it to be. But I’d like to think that this is what God has planned for me and I know that he knows what’s best, even if it’s not what I prayed for. I’d like to think that this is where I’m supposed to be.
In 2019, I plan to save more. Not just for the wedding but I’ll try to avoid a lot of mini expenses such as going for 3in1 cofee or 711 french vanilla than Starbucks or opting to walk (cause it will do me good) or FX than booking a Grab or just simply pausing before buying anything new.
In 2019, I plan to stick to basics. In relation to saving more, I plan to only buy clothes that are basics. I’m planning to stick with White, Black, Gray, Brown and all its shades of family.
In 2019, I plan to stick to my weight goal, 97. The ideal goal for my height is 107 – 140 but since I don’t have an active lifestyle, I’d like to keep it to 97. Also, I plan to make it a habit to do a 5 minute of anything workout before taking a bath every morning.
In 2019, I plan to read more books. I’m glad I surpassed my 2018 goal of 20 books. ❤ My goal for this coming year year is to stick to 20 since I’ll be super busy. BUT, I’ll spice it up by following a reading challenge this time.
In 2019, I plan to be more grateful, appreciative and understanding. Things may not work out but I hope to see the good small things that I am blessed with.
I’d like to say all of my plans but it might bite me back in the ass if I promise to do something I know I’m not committed to, so I’ll stick with what I’ve written here. I have faith that this coming year will bring more blessings and positive changes and transformation in my life and the people that I love.
Regardless of what happened this year, it’s been pretty amazing and I’m looking forward to 2019 with an open heart and mind. And here’s to praying for a better version of Janna. ❤
P.S. I look awful when blowing something. I just realized. 😀
Last October 27, 2018, my life changed.
Last October 27, we flew to Coron.
Last October 27, we went to Sophia’s Garden Resort.
Last October 27, I ate bagnet for lunch.
Last October 27, I took some pictures and selfies.
Last October 27, we climbed 700+ steps to the peak of Mt. Tapyas.
Last October 27, I laughed with my friends, held Jude’s hands and whispered, ‘ayoko na. pagod na ko’ on the way to the top while sweating like a pig.
Last October 27, Jude patiently and continuously wiped all my sweat and fixed my hair.
Last October 27, we went back to the resort in a van.
Last October 27, It was a normal day and I was happy lady then.
Until I wasn’t.
Perfect by Ed Sheeran was playing when we arrived at the resort. I was singing ” just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own. and in your eyes you’re holding mine”. As I was singing the lyrics, I can hear familiar voices playing in the background while we were on a path with lighted hearts! ❤ ❤ ❤
And then I realized, it was a video of the people who are close and dear to me telling me to ‘SAY YES, JANNA’. ❤
Then there’s this perfect gazebo, a ‘MARRY ME’ plastered right smack in the middle of all our memories, full of our pictures, full of our time together, full of laughter, fights, pain and an overwhelming love for each other. ❤
My Jude thought about everything. He printed about 300 pictures, displayed it mixed with the fairy lights, roses and heart shaped candles. He even shipped everything from Manila and hired a videographer for the perfect proposal SDE. Perfect is an understatement.
He told me things I cannot even remember. He probably told me he loved me. 😀 I honestly cannot remember. I spaced out. I was speechless, stunned and overwhelmed.
He got down on one knee, asked me to be his wife and there’s no other word in the universe I’d reply with than a big fat, screaming YES. ❤
This is scary. This is exciting. This is beautiful.
I know how sacred and precious marriage is. We both are not perfect. We have flaws, we fight, we change but there are also moments that you teach me what unconditional love is. It will be messy at times but there will be perfect moments too. And I’m willing to share each and every moment with you.
You are my silver lining.
You are my Derek. You are my Ross. You are my Ted. You are my Jack.
You are everything good in life. You are my greatest blessing.
You are everything dear to me. You are my best friend.
I love you.
Last October 27, I said my easiest ‘YES’.
Last October 27, I said yes to the man of my dreams.
Last October 27, I said yes to a lifetime with my person.
Last October 27, I got engaged.
Last October 27, I’m not only a happy lady but I became my happiest.
Last October 27, my heart is full and whole.
❤ ❤ ❤
P.S. Watch the SDE Proposal here
It’s that glorious time of the year when we see relatives we don’t even know existed, non stop meal preparations, scavenger hunt for the perfect gift for our loved ones, glamming up for three four five reunions, house decorations and who will ever miss out on binge drinking? What could possibly be a more perfect excuse?
As you may have notice on my yearly post regarding Christmas – we always celebrate the birthday of my aunt. This time, at Acaci at Acacia Hotel in Alabang.
Okay, so I don’t know why the picture is a little bit distorted. Anyway, food was good. I love how bright, sunny the ambiance is. Standouts for me would be the lava cake and the buttered garlic shrimp of course.<3 And, this is the first time wine was included in the one round set of drinks. – Grabbed! 🙂
This year is quite different. We didn’t have the salubong in our house. It’s a bit sad that we weren’t able to do our tradition knowing it will be my last undivided holiday. But what can I do? there were 2 situations that we are experiencing at the moment: we didn’t have help and all of us in the family are sick and my brother just got out of the hospital the day before Christmas. My sister, her husband and their new baby was also advised to stay at home.
BUT! Gift giving and family pictures is a must of course.
So it’s just us four. ❤
And since everyone was not quite feeling well, and the parents are sleepy already, we opened the gifts at 11pm. Haha. 😀
Thank you officemates. ❤ Booty Band from Ms. Rose as our exchange gift, ‘hello eco bag from Ms. Rose too, utensils from our GM, Bath Origins hand sanitizer from Rhina, Blue Pouch from Loreen, Room and Linen Spray from Marfori, Purple Scarf from Olive, Peach Scarf from Shaun, Personalized Keychain from Arrian, Cord Organizer from Wendy, Pink Eco Bag from Erika, Notepad from Liz, Pen & Bookmark from Cross, Mermaid Pen from Aileen, Mug from Veron, Glass with Chocolates from Jamie, Puto from Cathie and Lengua from Neli. Thanks, guys!
Thank you, former officemates! ❤ Gray Top from Ms. Grace and Hubby, Lip Gloss and Brush from Lei, Notebook from Ms. Donns, Keychain from Virge and Lip Tint from Ms. Lolit.
Gray Sweater from Ninong Al and Ninang Irma, H&M Dress and Sunnies lipstick from Ninang Baby and 3 books from Ate Ivy. ❤ love them all!
Thank you Roxy for the earrings & salted caramel crunch, Ninong Jobee for the perfume, Pillowcase from Tita Achu and Echo assorted items from Alex and Good! ❤
My mom knows my style so well. ❤ in clothes! Hihihi. ❤ Thank you for the matching white vest and shorts, ma! and personalized pouch. I cannot never have too many personalized items. ❤
Thank you, siblings! I can really use them. ❤ Corduroy Pants from my brother, and highwaisted shorts from my sister and hubby! ❤
Rattan bag also from my Mom! ❤ now, all I have to do is to plan a beach getaway!!
Thank you, J1 loves! ❤ Uniqlo white top from our exchange gift, CMG pouch from Nicole, China blue lotion from Jaja and Marc, reusable bottle and pouch from Pam and Crinkles from Panda. Thanks, guys! ❤
Last but not the least, my aid in keeping my now unruly hair most of the time, Babyliss hair iron from my love. ❤ ❤ ❤ Thank you, babe!
My handsome date during our traditional christmas buffet at Cafe 1228 at New World Hotel. ❤ ❤ ❤ This will be the last time we will be spending Christmas early! I love you so much.
J1’s Christmas get together at Locavore and a very tita moment followed at Plantation Bar. ❤
Lunchies Christmas thing at Happy Garden Cafe. ❤
Christmas Dinner with my previous officemates at Conti’s. ❤
I sometimes wish we could all go back to when we were all complete. Everyone was enjoying each other’s company with my sister, undivided holiday too. With Ate Eulah here in the Philippines, with both my grandmas alive and ‘ta alice. 😦
But all negative emotions aside, thank you thank you thank you for all the gifts. 🙂
See you all next year for a more memorable Christmas! ❤
I finished my MBA in 4 years and 4 months. It took me 5 years and 4 months to finally walk up the stage, get a good hand shake from the dean and receive my diploma.
I was never alone in this journey. I’ll forever be grateful for the never ending encouragement of my family who has supported me financially, bringing me to school every Saturday class, for fetching me during weekday classes at night, accompanying me to watch tv when I need someone to keep me awake, for being understanding when I have to bring my laptop everywhere and for every small thing that I needed for the past four years.
It wasn’t just my family but a very special person close to me also helped me in every possible way. He went with me through every coffee shop study session, lent me his laptop when mine died, quizzed me with my lessons, listened to me when I rant about my group mates, brought me food when I had to study, read my decks and gave me honest critic, heard my spiel for every report, comforting me when I’m done and encouraging me to continue my strama when I was on my last straw.
Going up the stage will also not be possible without the guidance and teachings of my strama professor, Dr. Leveric Ng who has inspired me to do better than expected, for giving his time and dedication to improve our papers and ultimately being the coolest genius there is in school. To my panel, Dr. Fong and to Sir Palo who gave me valuable insights to improve my paper, thank you. To all my other professors who passed their knowledge and life’s experiences in every course, thank you. To all the AGSB staff from the photocopy area, cafeteria staff, guards, registrar, cashier and to my favorite potato corner lady, you made my stay worthwhile.
To all the group mates, classmates and batch mates that turned into families, I will never forget the pain, pressure and sacrifice we all went through. We all did it! ❤
This has been a culmination of hardwork, patience, determination and the will to make my parents and Jude proud. Thank you for this amazing journey and experience, Ateneo. It’s time to make you proud. ❤ MAGIS!
- Find a Guy who has the urgency to tell you everything
- Find a Guy who can’t sleep without you by his side.
- Find a Guy who will grab your waist and spin you to dance with no music.
- Find a Guy who is proud of you and ready to tell the world who you are to him.
- Find a Guy who introduces you to his family, friends and colleagues.
- Find a Guy who starts his morning by making you smile.
- Find a Guy who never forgets to say Good Morning or Good Night
- Find a Guy who makes you feel attractive.
- Find a Guy who makes you feel like you’re the only woman in the room.
- Find a Guy who makes sure you feel loved and respected.
- Find a Guy who will go to any lengths to take that IG-worthy photo of you.
- Find a Guy who makes you laugh so hard your tummies hurt.
- Find a Guy who you can have impromptu videoke road trips with.
- Find a Guy who will take you on surprise road trips.
- Find a Guy who never forgets to kiss you hello and see you later.
- Find a Guy who still gets excited when he gets to take you out on a date.
- Find a Guy who plans for exciting dates without being asked.
- Find a Guy who you can be quietly still with.
- Find a Guy who you can call when you murdered someone & plans to dump them in a river.
- Find a Guy who listens to you.
- Find a Guy who pays attention and remembers the little details about you.
- Find a Guy who gets the flavor that you want just so he can give you his when you still want more.
- Find a Guy who keeps his promises.
- Find a Guy who actually wants to bring you home because he wants you safe.
- Find a Guy who finds you hot and beautiful at the same time.
- Find a Guy who stimulates you intellectually.
- Find a Guy who knows you’re worthy of anything.
- Find a Guy who finds time to give you handwritten letters.
- Find a Guy who hugs you from the back just because he wants to be near you.
- Find a Guy who still tells you you’re beautiful and you can see he’s sincere not because it’s a sweet gesture.
- Find a Guy who kisses you mid sentence because it’s painful for him not to kiss you at that moment.
- Find a Guy who respects your opinion even if it contradicts his.
- Find a Guy who will discuss politics and religion with you.
- Find a Guy who thinks you’re attractive when you tell him about the book you’re reading.
- Find a Guy who puts perfect guys in novels to shame.
- Find a Guy who is in pain when he sees you crying.
- Find a Guy who kisses you hungrily because he thinks you’re hot and beautiful and extremely attractive.
- Find a guy who doesn’t lie.
- Find a guy who tries not to disappoint you.
- Find a guy who listens to what you want and what you don’t want.
- Find a guy who says sorry and doesn’t repeat his mistakes cause he knows how valuable your forgiveness is.
- Find a guy is more than happy to bring you along on barkada nights.
- Find a guy who willingly updates you his whereabouts, someone who doesn’t need to be asked.
- Find a guy who’s not afraid to try new things.
- Find a guy who can protect you, not the other way around, someone you feel safe with.
If more than half is missing, stay single. It will do you good.
- I guess that is every relationship. You start with nothing and maybe end with everything.
- I believe in love at first sight. Fate, the universe, all of it. But not how you’re thinking. I don’t mean it in the our souls were split and you’re my other half forever and ever sort of way. I just think you’re meant to meet some people. I think the universe nudges them into your path.
- But what if the story should quit while it’s ahead?” “How do you know unless you give the story another chance?
- I just need more time with me, I think. To really believe in my worth without anyone’s help.
- Arthur, the universe just got the ball rolling,’ he says. ‘We made us happen.
- ‘I’m just going to live in the moment. That’s the only way to see where we end up.
- But maybe this isn’t how life works. Maybe it’s all about people coming into your life for a little while and you take what they give you and use it on your next friendship or relationship. And if you’re lucky, maybe some people pop back in after you thought they were gone for good.
- You’re never a bad idea.
- Being with you already is perfect.
- I like disasters.
- You’re going to have a lifetime of moments
- We’re home to each other.
- Everything means so much more because of all the hoops we jumped through, right?
I love the relationship of ben and dylan! AND, I love Dylan — he’s extremely funny and witty and just overall best companion – where you won’t actually get bored, and may probably be the top best friend there is. I adore and envy the relationship of Ben with his parents. His parents are so chill they can talk about their dates and relationships and just joke around about anything and likely everything. PLUS, I want a boy whose face lights up when they see me. I want someone who gets nervous going on a date with me because they simply don’t want to mess things up, who plans for the date and are just extremely happy just to be with me.
GOODREADS: ‘When he’s sent to Latham House, a boarding school for sick teens, Lane thinks his life may as well be over. But when he meets Sadie and her friends – a group of eccentric troublemakers – he realizes that maybe getting sick is just the beginning. That illness doesn’t have to define you, and that falling in love is its own cure.
- There’s a difference between dead and dying. Some of us die for ninety years, and some of us die at nineteen. But each morning everyone on this planet wakes up one day closer to their death. So living and dying are actually different words for the same thing.
- The life you plan isn’t the life that happens to you.
- The thing about being erased is that first you have to leave a mark.
- ‘But none of them are sadie’.
- We mourn the future because it’s easier than admitting we’re miserable in the present.
- Haven’t you ever thought about it? What you want to leave behind?
- It’s strange how we can lose things that are still right there. How a barrier can go up at any moment, trapping you on the other side, keeping you from what you want. How things that hurt the most are things you once had.
- We reach for whatever we think is going to dull the pain, and sometimes we don’t even want whatever it is, we just want to not be miserable.
- Being temporary doesn’t make something matter any less, because the point isn’t for how long, the point is that it happened.
- Life is getting the raw materials and when we die, we get to make patterns out of our lives and relive them in whatever order we ant. So that’s how you live a really great life. You make sure you have enough good days that you want to go back to.
- Because that’s all you can do in this world, no matter how strong the current beats against you, or how heavy a burden, or how tragic your love story. You keep going.
No matter how obvious it may be for other people, I did not see it coming! Man! Am I slow or have I not read enough books to have a smart guess? Haha. I thought it was lane who’ll die! Nonetheless, Sadie makes me reminisce and miss my HS friends when the most of are days are intended for breaking the rules. ❤ And If someone were to ask me, no. I have no clue what I’d want to leave behind.
How about you? What do you want to leave behind?
Goodreads: When Suzette comes home to Los Angeles from her boarding school in New England, she isn’t sure if she’ll ever want to go back. L.A. is where her friends and family are (along with her crush, Emil). And her stepbrother, Lionel, who has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, needs her emotional support. But as she settles into her old life, Suzette finds herself falling for someone new…the same girl her brother is in love with. When Lionel’s disorder spirals out of control, Suzette is forced to confront her past mistakes and find a way to help her brother before he hurts himself–or worse.
You know what I love about the book? It’s very open. ❤ It talks about sexuality, homosexuals, race, family, friendship, knowing yourself and being okay with it. ❤ ❤ ❤
- I know how easy it is to believe you’re doing the right thing if you say it to yourself often enough.
- It makes me think there’ll never be a time when we question our bond.
- Maybe you’re bi. maybe you’re not. Maybe you’re somewhere on the spectrum. Bi.. queer… it doesn’t really matter, as long as you’re happy. Just make sure you don’t let anyone tell you what you are. People can be real assholes about labels.
- I will never be done with you. Ever.
I recommend this book. ❤ It’s a 4/5 for me.