GOODREADS: Milk and honey’ is a collection of poetry and prose about survival. About the experience of violence, abuse, love, loss, and femininity. It is split into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose. Deals with a different pain. Heals a different heartache. ‘milk and honey’ takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look.
- He placed his hands on my mind before reaching for my waist, my hips or my lips. He didn’t call me beautiful first, he called me exquisite.
- You might not have been my first love but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant.
- You’d rather have the darkest parts of him than have nothing.
- It must hurt to know I am your most beautiful regret.
- You must not have to make them want you. They must want you themselves.
- The thing worth holding on to would not have let go.
- When you are broken and he has left you, do not question whether you were enough. The problem was, you were so enough he was not able to carry it.
- I will not have you build me into your life when what I want is to build a life with you.
- I don’t want to be friends with you. I want all of you.
- Accept yourself as you were designed.
- Losing you was the becoming of myself.
- The world gives you so much pain and here you are, making gold of it.
- You must never trade honest for relatability.
To be quite honest, I was a bit disappointed. I guess, maybe because I was in complete awe of the other book, the sun and her flowers that I expected so much more from this. There are some I was able to relate with, but overall, the bookmarks can be counted. (if you know what I mean. But then again, I would still read her books. ❤
GOODREADS: One memory. One special summer. Bliss York didn’t live a normal teenage life. It had all been taken from her the fall that she was fifteen years old and she was given the diagnosis no one ever wants to hear. She had leukemia.Nate is taken back seven years to the girl he thought he’d love forever. The one who never answered his calls or returned his text. The one who shut him out completely with not even a goodbye and broke his heart. They’ve each become someone different. No longer the young teens with stars in their eyes. But does that matter when your heart still says that’s the one.
- Her face could stop traffic and that was without any makeup. She was as natural as I remembered. Nothing fake about her. Her smile had once made everything perfect in my world.
- You make being here worth it.
- She was hard to ignore.
- There was no easy relationships. Marriage was the hardest of them all.
- Life wasn’t easy. Love wasn’t easy. Not the real thing anyway. The real thing hurt like hell and gave you the best moments of your life.
- I want to experience how complicated and hard times feel knowing I’m facing them with you.
- I wanted all this with her. The works. Every complicated beautiful moment of it.
I felt like the author couldn’t move on from what happened in the past. I mean, it’s supposed to be a stand alone, with a story to hold it together. I just felt that the whole book was exactly like the title, a memory. It focused more on what the characters had before. It wasn’t successful in building a momentum for the readers, like myself to feel their love for each other. It felt forced. Like, if the characters told each other I love you, it’s because they said it, not because that’s how I felt throughout the book. I don’t know if I’m making any sense.
Although, kudos to the twist. I saw the baby coming. But what caught me off guard was the reason behind what triggered Octavia to do such thing. And again, I want a best friend like Eli. ❤
Let’s cut to the chase! We went to Evia Lifestyle Center for some l – o – b – s – t – e – r!!
For their welcome treats, they are giving this parmesan bread? which is bland? the flavors are just at the top and the bread is a bit dry inside.
We ordered the Honey and Blue Cheese Salad for Php 450 which I wasn’t able to take a picture. 😀 so we ordered some meat.
Chops New Orleans for Php 495 – Pork Chop, Shrimp, Cajun, Butter Sauce, Pico de Gallo and Wild Rice.
and a bit of Chicken Fingers and Shrimp Poppers for Php 450 with Honey Mustard
and the rockstar of the whole restaurant!! And Ultimate Feast for Php 2,500 each. Main Lobster Tail, Snow Crab Legs, Shrimp Scampi, Fries, Wild Rice, Veggies and Butter Sauce. I am all about the shrimp that’s why it caught my attention more than the crab!!
The ultimate feast is Good for 2. You can stretch it to three if you have other viands to share with. 😊
Happy sharing a feast with your family or your apecial someone. 😍
GOODREADS: The poems in Yrsa Daley-Ward’s collection bone are exactly that: reflections on a particular life honed to their essence–so clear and pared-down, they become universal.
- Don’t be so very engaging, amusing or witty or bright. You are causing confusion and jams in tight spaces. You are an accident in waiting. The type of accident with casualties spanning from me to you and here to there, a potential tragedy.
- I miss you in tiny earthquakes in little underground explosions.
- Just because you do it doesn’t mean you always will. Whether you’re dancing dust or breathing light. You’re never exactly the same, twice.
- If you were married to yourself, could you stay with yourself?
- One day I will tell you what I’ve been. It will scare you.
- The worst thing about somebody who betrays you, somebody who turns out to be a completely different person to whom you first thought, is the love that you still feel in your heart for them.
- If you’re afraid to write it, that’s a good sign. I suppose you know you’re writing the truth when you’re terrified.
- Seize that loveliness. It has always been yours.
- Today is the first day of the rest of it. Of course there will be other first days but none exactly like this.
I was not entirely impressed. It was a 2/5 for me.
These are not my words. It’s something I want to share and keep here so I can read it whenever I need to be reminded.
Don’t stop being who you want to be – who you’re willing to become – just because people have a painting of who you’re mapped out to be. Focus on yourself. Challenge yourself. Become the person you know you can become. Don’t let anyone make decisions for how you’re going to be or where you’ll end up. It’s not their story you’re writing. It’s yours. Let change be your own. Let who you are be a cause for the kind of change you want in your life. You have the ability to make your own choices and the capability to lead your own life.
Be your own change. Be your own savior. And most of all, Be your own Hero.
GOODREADS: Organized in four sections – Inception, Longing, Chaos, and Epiphany – K.Y. Robinson’s debut poetry collection explores what it is to want in spite of trauma, shame, injustice, and mental illness. It is one survivor’s powerful testimony, and a love letter “to those who lie awake burning. The Chaos of Longing is a brutally honest exploration of desire—physical, emotional, and spiritual.
- All the makings of you are love at first sight. When I dream of you tonight, I will hold you hostage underneath my eyelids.
- You told me not to fall in love with you but you knew the contours of my heart.
- I’ve closed other doors in attempt to be yours. But you’re always eyeing the window and I can’t cure your wanderlust.
- In the beginning, all I wanted was to be yours. It took time to realize that I have to stop giving myself away as if I didn’t belong to myself.
- There’s a universe swirling inside you. You have to learn to be your own earth, wind, fire and water. You are a natural phenomenon – not a natural disaster.
- Don’t shrink your truth to make it fit nice and neat in others as if it’s origami. Unfold and free yourself.
I somehow find it a bit pale and bland. In my interpretation, most of the content are about lust and desire and tidbits of other things.
Though, I am in awe of how he creates the metaphor, built by everything in our daily lives and transform it into something deeper. I love how the inclusion of the most mundane things make it seem more relevant.
*** It’s not something I would read over and over.
As I was tinkering my Netflix account settings, I clicked my activity history and thought of sharing with you the movies that I watched in Netflix, might it be old or new ones. ❤ I won’t be going over a detailed review of each but will just give them a rating, 1 being the lowest and 5 as the highest.
- The Last Summer 3/5
- The Holiday 3/5
- Swiped 3/5
- Supermodel 2/5
- A Christmas Prince 3/5
- The Prom 2/5
- Nappily Ever After 3/5
- Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List 3/5
- Perfect Romance 2/5
- Christmas Wedding Planner 3/5
- Set it Up 3/5
- Everybody Loves Somebody 2/5
- My Life 2/5
- Someone Great 4/5
- Christmas Prince: Royal Wedding 3/5
- The Trap 2/5
- The Late Bloomer 2/5
- Our Souls at Night 3/5
- Rough Night 3/5
- Jumping the Broom 3/5
- The Princess Switch 3/5
- Only you 3/5
- Naked 2/5
- Isn’t it Romantic 1/5
- A Wish for Christmas 1/5
- The Perfect Date 3/5
- Love Happens 3/5
- Just one of the Guys 2/5
- Obsessed 5/5
- The Secret Obsession 3/5
- Bird Box 3/5
- Hush 4/5
- Enough 4/5
- The American 3/5
- Takers 5/5
- Fracture 3/5
- The Score 4/5
- The Whole Nine Yards 4/5
- 3 Days to Kill 3/5
Government / Law Related
- Primal Fear 5/5
- Money Monster 3/5
- The Confession 4/5
- Mercury Rising 5/5
- Along came a Spider 4/5
- Enemy of the State 4/5
- The Firm 3/5
- State of Play 4/5
- The Good Shepherd 3/5
- Law Abiding Citizen 5/5
- Public Enemies 4/5
- Savages 2/5
- Mercury Rising 4/5
- The Other Boleyn Girl 4/5
- Amateur 4/5
- Invention of Lying 2/5
Okayyy! Based from my movie rankings, care to suggest what movie I should watch next? 😀
GOODREADS: December 1st… A time to reflect and remember for Georgia, and also, she’s decided, this year will be a time for change. Starting with high emotion on the anniversary of the day that changed her life and ending on a loud, raucous and raunchy Christmas night, we get a little dip into the lives of some of the Carnage Series favorite characters.
This is probably one of my favorite series. ❤ I love Cam but not as much as Sean — but it all gets tangled some way or another. Anyone would wish they are fucking G. (well, except for the deaths in her family) but she is one lucky gal for being loved by so many.
And though I love Sean so much, I am really happy for George and cam for finally being able to start their own family, raising their children in peace. I love that Jimmie and Ash are still a part of their lives & her insanely protective brothers. ❤
MORE PLEASE. ❤
GOODREADS: Divided into five chapters and illustrated by Kaur, the sun and her flowers is a journey of wilting, falling, rooting, rising, and blooming. A celebration of love in all its forms.
MY GOD. How can I describe this book? I simply can’t. The only thing I need to recount and share is that I have been bookmarking and highlighting NON-STOP. If I was reading a hard copy, it would be wet with neon markers.
I love 97% of the book. ❤ ❤ ❤
- You left and I wanted you still yet I deserved someone who was willing to stay
- It isn’t what we left behind that breaks me. It’s what we could’ve built had we stayed.
- I could be anything in the world but I wanted to be his.
- You’re everywhere except right here, and it hurts.
- If I’m not the love of your life, I’ll be the greatest loss instead.
- Why is it that when the story ends, we begin to feel all of it.
- You do not just wake up and become a butterfly.
- My mother sacrificed her dream so I can dream
- Never feel guilty for starting again.
- When death takes my hand, I will hold you with the other and promise to find you in every lifetime.
- I will no longer compare my path to the other.
- The day you have everything, I hope you remember when you had nothing.
- How do I love myself enough to know your accomplishments are not my failures.
GAHH. It’s about loss, self love, accepting your flaws, loving yourself, holding yourself accountable for your actions, living life, finding value and everything in between. ❤
GOODREADS: A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love has conditions: they agree it will last only one hour, and it will be only make-believe. One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in love-at-first-sight is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Unfortunately for Daniel, finding true love doesn”t guarantee a happily ever after… it only further threatens it.
Okayyy, I would have never thought of that twist. I already new Six was Cinderella but that they were able to conceive a child? Woahhh.
You all know how much I love Hoover books but Love at First sight disgusts me. It’s absurd!! Attraction at first sight, sure. But love? really? Can you honestly tell me that you would do anything, even give your life to the person you just fucking met? Geeez. What a lunatic.
The book was fairly easy to read. I finished it in a day, well given that it’s only less than a hundred pages, there is.
- I try to pay attention to the road, but she makes it pretty damn hard.
- We all have deal-brakers. Some of us just hope we can keep them hidden forever.
- Never. Not after this. Not after you.
- Because we show up, six. that’s what we do. It’s me and you, babe.
Colleen Hoover, you really are the best. This may not be your finest hour. But I will still read your books, over and over. ❤
The young may not like this but here is a truth to consider:
Sometimes it takes 10 years to get that 1 year that will change your life.
I spoke and trained for 12 years doing talks pro-bono until that crucial year the opportunity came and turned professional.
Many want to short cut the process wanting instant success. Doesn’t work well.
There is always a process before you can get to achieve long term success. And here is the catch. The process continues.
— Francis Kong
GOODREADS: After experiencing a humiliating breakup, twenty-two-year-old Cassandra Clarke is fresh out of college and living a simple solitary life without any intentions of pursuing love anytime soon. When the estate next door sells, the last thing Cassandra expects is the unnerving attraction she feels for her sinfully handsome neighbor, Logan West, the young and charming single father with a playboy reputation.
Angela Graham made sure that whoever reads this, will want to read the next one. Good Job on the cliff hanger!
So this is not about Logan, but damn do men, cheating when they have someone who truly adores them. Cheating men are such pigs.
Back to the story — The story wasn’t really captivating. In gist, Cassie had a crush on her neighbor, Logan who turned out to be a playboy. He has a son though, who Cassie got close to. They spent their entire time playing House with each other & eventually fell in love. Until after a certain night where Cassie was ready to actually give in, Logan said some stupid things about wanting only her body but then, Cassie got into a car accident.
I just feel like it is missing something. You know how when you cook or eat and the food is okay but you can’t really pinpoint what? if it lacks salt or pepper or something else? That’s what happened here. It didn’t bore me to death but there wasn’t really anything there too — no drama, no conflicts, no love but just enough banter here and there.
- With you, I welcome it like a breath of fresh air, but it’s still very new to me.
- She was everything, and for the first time in my life, I knew I would never want anyone else.
- This was love. Unconditional, all-consuming, mind-blowing love.
It’s a 3 out of 5 for me. If you have a copy, read it. But it’s not a book I would go out of my way to recommend.
A proper date to celebrate what we normally wouldn’t celebrate. 😛 actually, just my excuse to try something new. 🙂
Pamana is a restaurant run by the Ongpaucos which highlights time tested family recipes that was handed down from one generation to another. It’s a classic Filipino dishes with somehow a twist.
The main dining hall is on the second floor. Though there are also a few tables outside and on the first floor. We opted to sit in the main dining room.
The hubby knows his way around the menu. It’s not his first time so when he says, it’s good. I trusted him. Here goes:
Crispy Adobong Pusit Calamares — Php 325 This dish deserves an astounding OH-MY-GOD with a very eaky squealing voice. This innovation is definitely one for the books. A must try and will surely be a repeat order every time. ❤ ❤
Okoy Bites – Php 225 Okay, this may not be completely new but I love that it’s in bite pieces already. It’s certainly still crispy but I would have wanted something with more meat or veggies in it.
Binagoongang Bagnet — Php 365 I am always down for some binaggongan. What I liked about this dish is how it remained crispy despite having some sauce at the bottom of the plate. I was disappointed however of how little sauce they provide. It seems the dish is just Bagnet, not Binagoongan.
I think there’s a lot of food to go around, that’s also the reason why there’s so much food left after we can barely eat another spoon.
With my hubby. ❤ ❤ ❤
It’s been awhile! You noticed? 😛 Blessing your feed with this unnecessary photo paired with some quote that I need to keep reminding myself. . . 😀
It’s okay to have setbacks and the need for do-overs.
Move forward, take baby steps then change will come.