GOODREADS: Nineteen-year-old Cromwell Dean is the rising star of electronic dance music. Thousands of people adore him. But no one knows him. No one sees the color of his heart. Bonnie Farraday lives for music. She lets every note into her heart, and she doesn’t understand how someone as talented as Cromwell can avoid doing the same. He’s hiding from his past, and she knows it. She tries to stay away from him, but something keeps calling her back.
The story, it’s beautiful. I just read Thousand Boy Kisses and thought that Ticole is somehow Coho. I loved it so I decided to test my new adoration and boy was I right! Now I just want to read more Ticole because I know it’ll be worth my time.
I love stories that teaches us something new. And in this book, I learned more about synesthesia. I learned about music and tempo and rhythm and classic music.
- The idea of time, moving, us being useless to stop it.
- Even if something makes you hate music, whatever it is can often be the catalyst for your next great work.
- Manners cost nothing, son. Always be gracious with those who want to help.
- EASTON to BONNIE: She’s good people. She’s my sister. But she’s more than that. She’s my best friend. Damn, she’s my compass. What the hell is the world without Bonnie? Because I will see you again. Look up, and I will always be there with you. And when it’s your time, I’ll be the one to come and get you.
- I had made many wishes in my life, but Cromwell had been the wish that I never made.
- Cromwell Dean was an enigma.
- And like a forever raging sea, my heart never calmed.
- Her laughter illuminated the room.
- She was my silver.
- Obstacles in life sometimes make you look at the world in ways you never did before.
- Maybe you’re the guardian angel that has arrived to get her through all this.
- She walked into my life like a tornado and knocked me on my ass. And I fell in love with her. Not just a little bit either. She became my whole world.
- Cromwell Dean was my sun.
- The girl, that with one single smile, still completely illuminated my world.
Let’s give Cromwell’s Father the credit he deserves. Yeah? First, he knew from the start that crom was not his son. But he gave him his unconditional love and unwavering support. He swallowed his pride and asked for the help of the person who got his wife pregnant. It must have been hard for him but for his son, he would do anything to achieve his full potential. Hands down.
And Cromwell? to hate his dad so much and blame him for robbing him off his childhood, lashing out and eventually finding out that your father has been killed? To think about the last things you said? That his father died not knowing that he appreciated all his efforts and that he also loved him back. That must have been difficult, the guilt eating you every single day and later finding out that he was not even your father? Whew.
I have to say that I admire how much Easton and Bonnie loved each other. The sibling love for each other is incomparable. The way they hold on to each other, the way they both get strength from each other and how they look out for each other. Wow. And this is ONE BIG SPOILER: Easton taking his own life and eventually saving the life of his twin sister for having a heart failure is BEYOND HEARTBREAKING. My mind is blown and heart is inconsolable.
The creativity, talent and passion in the whole book is truly felt. The lyrics of the song pierces the heart and stays there. The talent and their love for music is all consuming.
I have to say, now I am more freaking intrigued to read Ticole’s other books. ❤ ❤
GOODREADS: One kiss lasts a moment. But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime. One boy. One girl. A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade. A bond that neither time nor distance can break. A bond that will last forever. Or so they believe.
A seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation? Rune’s heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come.
A heartbreaking story of a bestfriend turned to a lover story. It’s not about betrayal or cheating or losing that friendship. It’s more than that. I felt the pain and if I were Rune, I don’t think I would have survived that.
- I always feel better when the light of my life sits beside me and talks to me some.
- This life, well, it’s just a great big adventure while we have it. An adventure to enjoy and love with all of our heart before we go on to the greatest adventure of all.
- Not just everyday kisses, but the special ones, the ones where my heart almost burst from my chest.
- Poppymin! It means MY poppy. For infinity, forever and always. You’re my poppy. I had blinkers on to any other girl. I only saw Poppy. In my world, only she existed.
- Maybe it was because sometimes all we get are moments. There are no do-overs, whatever happens in a moment defines life – perhaps it is life.
- Because something so beautiful can never last forever, shouldn’t last forever. It stays for a brief moment in time to remind us how precious life is. Because something so completely perfect and special is destined to fade.
- Maybe we’re like the cherry blossom, Rune. Like shooting stars. Maybe we loved too much too young and burned so bright that we had to fade out. Extreme beauty, quick death. We had this love long enough to teach us a lesson. To show us how capable of love we truly are.
- Why does it take a life ending to learn how to cherish each day? Why must we wait until we run out of time to start to accomplish all that we dreamed, when once we had all the time in the world? Why don’t we look at the person we love the most like it’s the last time we will ever see them? Because if we did, life would be so vibrant. Life would be so truly and completely lived.
- We should strive for all those precious breaths to be taken in as many precious moments we can squeeze in this short time on earth.
- We all have people who carry us through the worst times, the saddest times, the times that seem impossible to break free from. In one way or another, whether it’s through the Lord or a loved one or both, when we feel like we can’t walk on anymore, someone swoops in to help us, someone carries us through.
- Rune gave Poppy her dream to be able to play in one of the biggest stage: I still wanted you to have this. To have known what this dream would feel like. I wanted you to have a chance in the spotlight. A spotlight that, in my opinion you deserve, not as the person I love most in the entire world but as the best cellist. Tonight, you have the stage, poppymin. I just wanted you to have this dream fulfilled. ❤ ❤
- Poppy gave Rune back his passion to take photographs. She took him to see an exhibit of a famous photographer with pictures that changed the history of the world: A picture of Esther, his wife was included. It reads that even though the picture of his wife didn’t change the world, Esther changed his. ❤ ❤
- Love was simply the tenacity to make sure that the other half of your heart knew he or she was adored in every way. In every minute of every day.
- Poppymin, she was my cherry blossom. An unrivaled beauty, limited in its life. A beauty so extreme in its grace that it can’t last. It stays to enrich our lives, then drifts away in the wind. Never forgotten. Because it reminds us we must live. That life is fragile, yet in that fragility, there is strength. There is love. There is purpose. It reminds us that life is short, that our breaths are numbered and our destiny is fixed, regardless of how hard we fight. It reminds us not to waste a single second. Live hard, love harder. Chase dreams, seek adventures – capture moments. Live beautifully.
- Rune on the Anniversary of Poppy’s death: lighted one thousand lanterns, where there kisses were written – to reach poppy in heaven. — You were enough to last a lifetime.
I love every chapter. I loved the whole book. They are so much in love. They were both pouring their selves to each other. It’s a bit dramatic but god, their acts of love, the theater and the exhibit? ❤ ❤ ❤ my heart on the floor. and the letter of Poppy? Bawling!
GOODREADS: Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most.
Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true. As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan — her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.
When you love a person, you believe them. You believe their promises, their lies and just about anything. You believe in the goodness of their hearts. You believe in their intentions and you believe and hope that they will change.
As the story progressed, I am in awe of lily’s character. As vulnerable as she is, it took a lot of strength to take control of her life, even if there was a child on the way.
- I feel like everyone fakes who they really are, when deep down we’re all equal amounts of screwed up. Some of us are just better at hiding it than others.
- NAKED TRUTHS
- There is no such thing as bad people. We’re all just people who sometimes do bad things.
- You’re already my favorite person but now you’re making it really unfair to all the other humans because no one will ever be able to catch up to you.
- I like you. Everything about you. Being inside you, being outside of you, being near you. I like it all.
- All humans make mistakes. What determines a person’s character aren’t mistakes we make, it’s how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses.
- Life is a funny thing. We only get so many years to live it, so we have to do everything we can to make sure those years are full as they can be. We shouldn’t waster time on things that might happen someday or maybe even never.
- Maybe love isn’t something that comes full circle. It just ebbs and flows, in and out, just like the people in our lives.
- Just because we didn’t end up on the same wave, doesn’t mean we aren’t still a part of the same ocean.
- In the future, if by some miracle you ever find yourself in the position to fall in love again, fall in love with me.
- Just because someone hurts you doesn’t mean you can simply stop loving them. It’s not the person’s actions that hurt the most. It’s the love. If there was no love attached to the action, the pain would be a little easier to bear.
- She left someone she loved so that her daughters would never think that kind of relationship is okay.
My heart simply breaks for both Lily and Ryle. How can you ever willingly give up someone you love and choose yourself? I think Domestic Violence happens to a lot of relationships, not just to women. But only a few brave souls can have the courage and strength to do what lily chose.
I think it makes it even harder if you love the person. It is never easy to just leave and end things. Coho taught me that right choice will always be the hardest ones. I hope I never get the chance to ever be in the same position.
GOODREADS: Milk and honey’ is a collection of poetry and prose about survival. About the experience of violence, abuse, love, loss, and femininity. It is split into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose. Deals with a different pain. Heals a different heartache. ‘milk and honey’ takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look.
- He placed his hands on my mind before reaching for my waist, my hips or my lips. He didn’t call me beautiful first, he called me exquisite.
- You might not have been my first love but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant.
- You’d rather have the darkest parts of him than have nothing.
- It must hurt to know I am your most beautiful regret.
- You must not have to make them want you. They must want you themselves.
- The thing worth holding on to would not have let go.
- When you are broken and he has left you, do not question whether you were enough. The problem was, you were so enough he was not able to carry it.
- I will not have you build me into your life when what I want is to build a life with you.
- I don’t want to be friends with you. I want all of you.
- Accept yourself as you were designed.
- Losing you was the becoming of myself.
- The world gives you so much pain and here you are, making gold of it.
- You must never trade honest for relatability.
To be quite honest, I was a bit disappointed. I guess, maybe because I was in complete awe of the other book, the sun and her flowers that I expected so much more from this. There are some I was able to relate with, but overall, the bookmarks can be counted. (if you know what I mean. But then again, I would still read her books. ❤
GOODREADS: One memory. One special summer. Bliss York didn’t live a normal teenage life. It had all been taken from her the fall that she was fifteen years old and she was given the diagnosis no one ever wants to hear. She had leukemia.Nate is taken back seven years to the girl he thought he’d love forever. The one who never answered his calls or returned his text. The one who shut him out completely with not even a goodbye and broke his heart. They’ve each become someone different. No longer the young teens with stars in their eyes. But does that matter when your heart still says that’s the one.
- Her face could stop traffic and that was without any makeup. She was as natural as I remembered. Nothing fake about her. Her smile had once made everything perfect in my world.
- You make being here worth it.
- She was hard to ignore.
- There was no easy relationships. Marriage was the hardest of them all.
- Life wasn’t easy. Love wasn’t easy. Not the real thing anyway. The real thing hurt like hell and gave you the best moments of your life.
- I want to experience how complicated and hard times feel knowing I’m facing them with you.
- I wanted all this with her. The works. Every complicated beautiful moment of it.
I felt like the author couldn’t move on from what happened in the past. I mean, it’s supposed to be a stand alone, with a story to hold it together. I just felt that the whole book was exactly like the title, a memory. It focused more on what the characters had before. It wasn’t successful in building a momentum for the readers, like myself to feel their love for each other. It felt forced. Like, if the characters told each other I love you, it’s because they said it, not because that’s how I felt throughout the book. I don’t know if I’m making any sense.
Although, kudos to the twist. I saw the baby coming. But what caught me off guard was the reason behind what triggered Octavia to do such thing. And again, I want a best friend like Eli. ❤
Let’s cut to the chase! We went to Evia Lifestyle Center for some l – o – b – s – t – e – r!!
For their welcome treats, they are giving this parmesan bread? which is bland? the flavors are just at the top and the bread is a bit dry inside.
We ordered the Honey and Blue Cheese Salad for Php 450 which I wasn’t able to take a picture. 😀 so we ordered some meat.
Chops New Orleans for Php 495 – Pork Chop, Shrimp, Cajun, Butter Sauce, Pico de Gallo and Wild Rice.
and a bit of Chicken Fingers and Shrimp Poppers for Php 450 with Honey Mustard
and the rockstar of the whole restaurant!! And Ultimate Feast for Php 2,500 each. Main Lobster Tail, Snow Crab Legs, Shrimp Scampi, Fries, Wild Rice, Veggies and Butter Sauce. I am all about the shrimp that’s why it caught my attention more than the crab!!
The ultimate feast is Good for 2. You can stretch it to three if you have other viands to share with. 😊
Happy sharing a feast with your family or your apecial someone. 😍
GOODREADS: The poems in Yrsa Daley-Ward’s collection bone are exactly that: reflections on a particular life honed to their essence–so clear and pared-down, they become universal.
- Don’t be so very engaging, amusing or witty or bright. You are causing confusion and jams in tight spaces. You are an accident in waiting. The type of accident with casualties spanning from me to you and here to there, a potential tragedy.
- I miss you in tiny earthquakes in little underground explosions.
- Just because you do it doesn’t mean you always will. Whether you’re dancing dust or breathing light. You’re never exactly the same, twice.
- If you were married to yourself, could you stay with yourself?
- One day I will tell you what I’ve been. It will scare you.
- The worst thing about somebody who betrays you, somebody who turns out to be a completely different person to whom you first thought, is the love that you still feel in your heart for them.
- If you’re afraid to write it, that’s a good sign. I suppose you know you’re writing the truth when you’re terrified.
- Seize that loveliness. It has always been yours.
- Today is the first day of the rest of it. Of course there will be other first days but none exactly like this.
I was not entirely impressed. It was a 2/5 for me.
These are not my words. It’s something I want to share and keep here so I can read it whenever I need to be reminded.
Don’t stop being who you want to be – who you’re willing to become – just because people have a painting of who you’re mapped out to be. Focus on yourself. Challenge yourself. Become the person you know you can become. Don’t let anyone make decisions for how you’re going to be or where you’ll end up. It’s not their story you’re writing. It’s yours. Let change be your own. Let who you are be a cause for the kind of change you want in your life. You have the ability to make your own choices and the capability to lead your own life.
Be your own change. Be your own savior. And most of all, Be your own Hero.
GOODREADS: Organized in four sections – Inception, Longing, Chaos, and Epiphany – K.Y. Robinson’s debut poetry collection explores what it is to want in spite of trauma, shame, injustice, and mental illness. It is one survivor’s powerful testimony, and a love letter “to those who lie awake burning. The Chaos of Longing is a brutally honest exploration of desire—physical, emotional, and spiritual.
- All the makings of you are love at first sight. When I dream of you tonight, I will hold you hostage underneath my eyelids.
- You told me not to fall in love with you but you knew the contours of my heart.
- I’ve closed other doors in attempt to be yours. But you’re always eyeing the window and I can’t cure your wanderlust.
- In the beginning, all I wanted was to be yours. It took time to realize that I have to stop giving myself away as if I didn’t belong to myself.
- There’s a universe swirling inside you. You have to learn to be your own earth, wind, fire and water. You are a natural phenomenon – not a natural disaster.
- Don’t shrink your truth to make it fit nice and neat in others as if it’s origami. Unfold and free yourself.
I somehow find it a bit pale and bland. In my interpretation, most of the content are about lust and desire and tidbits of other things.
Though, I am in awe of how he creates the metaphor, built by everything in our daily lives and transform it into something deeper. I love how the inclusion of the most mundane things make it seem more relevant.
*** It’s not something I would read over and over.
As I was tinkering my Netflix account settings, I clicked my activity history and thought of sharing with you the movies that I watched in Netflix, might it be old or new ones. ❤ I won’t be going over a detailed review of each but will just give them a rating, 1 being the lowest and 5 as the highest.
- The Last Summer 3/5
- The Holiday 3/5
- Swiped 3/5
- Supermodel 2/5
- A Christmas Prince 3/5
- The Prom 2/5
- Nappily Ever After 3/5
- Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List 3/5
- Perfect Romance 2/5
- Christmas Wedding Planner 3/5
- Set it Up 3/5
- Everybody Loves Somebody 2/5
- My Life 2/5
- Someone Great 4/5
- Christmas Prince: Royal Wedding 3/5
- The Trap 2/5
- The Late Bloomer 2/5
- Our Souls at Night 3/5
- Rough Night 3/5
- Jumping the Broom 3/5
- The Princess Switch 3/5
- Only you 3/5
- Naked 2/5
- Isn’t it Romantic 1/5
- A Wish for Christmas 1/5
- The Perfect Date 3/5
- Love Happens 3/5
- Just one of the Guys 2/5
- Obsessed 5/5
- The Secret Obsession 3/5
- Bird Box 3/5
- Hush 4/5
- Enough 4/5
- The American 3/5
- Takers 5/5
- Fracture 3/5
- The Score 4/5
- The Whole Nine Yards 4/5
- 3 Days to Kill 3/5
Government / Law Related
- Primal Fear 5/5
- Money Monster 3/5
- The Confession 4/5
- Mercury Rising 5/5
- Along came a Spider 4/5
- Enemy of the State 4/5
- The Firm 3/5
- State of Play 4/5
- The Good Shepherd 3/5
- Law Abiding Citizen 5/5
- Public Enemies 4/5
- Savages 2/5
- Mercury Rising 4/5
- The Other Boleyn Girl 4/5
- Amateur 4/5
- Invention of Lying 2/5
Okayyy! Based from my movie rankings, care to suggest what movie I should watch next? 😀
GOODREADS: December 1st… A time to reflect and remember for Georgia, and also, she’s decided, this year will be a time for change. Starting with high emotion on the anniversary of the day that changed her life and ending on a loud, raucous and raunchy Christmas night, we get a little dip into the lives of some of the Carnage Series favorite characters.
This is probably one of my favorite series. ❤ I love Cam but not as much as Sean — but it all gets tangled some way or another. Anyone would wish they are fucking G. (well, except for the deaths in her family) but she is one lucky gal for being loved by so many.
And though I love Sean so much, I am really happy for George and cam for finally being able to start their own family, raising their children in peace. I love that Jimmie and Ash are still a part of their lives & her insanely protective brothers. ❤
MORE PLEASE. ❤
GOODREADS: Divided into five chapters and illustrated by Kaur, the sun and her flowers is a journey of wilting, falling, rooting, rising, and blooming. A celebration of love in all its forms.
MY GOD. How can I describe this book? I simply can’t. The only thing I need to recount and share is that I have been bookmarking and highlighting NON-STOP. If I was reading a hard copy, it would be wet with neon markers.
I love 97% of the book. ❤ ❤ ❤
- You left and I wanted you still yet I deserved someone who was willing to stay
- It isn’t what we left behind that breaks me. It’s what we could’ve built had we stayed.
- I could be anything in the world but I wanted to be his.
- You’re everywhere except right here, and it hurts.
- If I’m not the love of your life, I’ll be the greatest loss instead.
- Why is it that when the story ends, we begin to feel all of it.
- You do not just wake up and become a butterfly.
- My mother sacrificed her dream so I can dream
- Never feel guilty for starting again.
- When death takes my hand, I will hold you with the other and promise to find you in every lifetime.
- I will no longer compare my path to the other.
- The day you have everything, I hope you remember when you had nothing.
- How do I love myself enough to know your accomplishments are not my failures.
GAHH. It’s about loss, self love, accepting your flaws, loving yourself, holding yourself accountable for your actions, living life, finding value and everything in between. ❤
GOODREADS: A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love has conditions: they agree it will last only one hour, and it will be only make-believe. One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in love-at-first-sight is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Unfortunately for Daniel, finding true love doesn”t guarantee a happily ever after… it only further threatens it.
Okayyy, I would have never thought of that twist. I already new Six was Cinderella but that they were able to conceive a child? Woahhh.
You all know how much I love Hoover books but Love at First sight disgusts me. It’s absurd!! Attraction at first sight, sure. But love? really? Can you honestly tell me that you would do anything, even give your life to the person you just fucking met? Geeez. What a lunatic.
The book was fairly easy to read. I finished it in a day, well given that it’s only less than a hundred pages, there is.
- I try to pay attention to the road, but she makes it pretty damn hard.
- We all have deal-brakers. Some of us just hope we can keep them hidden forever.
- Never. Not after this. Not after you.
- Because we show up, six. that’s what we do. It’s me and you, babe.
Colleen Hoover, you really are the best. This may not be your finest hour. But I will still read your books, over and over. ❤
The young may not like this but here is a truth to consider:
Sometimes it takes 10 years to get that 1 year that will change your life.
I spoke and trained for 12 years doing talks pro-bono until that crucial year the opportunity came and turned professional.
Many want to short cut the process wanting instant success. Doesn’t work well.
There is always a process before you can get to achieve long term success. And here is the catch. The process continues.
— Francis Kong