What would you do if you married an immortal?
GOODREADS: Three years after her husband Max’s death, Shelley feels no more adjusted to being a widow than she did that first terrible day. That is, until the doorbell rings. Standing on her front step is a young man who looks so much like Max, named Paolo. As outrageous as Paolo’s claims seem; how could her husband be alive? And if he is, why hasn’t he looked her up? Shelley desperately wants to know the truth.
I will not go into details because this book has so much surprises in the beginning, in the middle and a lot in the end. This book is out of this world and I’m not even exaggerating here. What I love about this book is that it has a lot of pocket of information about history and all sorts of everything! And when I mean history, it’s not even boring because it was recounted in a story telling way and that is the absolute secret. ❤ I love how the history is conveyed. Well that, and that Samantha Sotto transports you to Europe.
- Nothing was lonelier than the limping beat of half a heart
- It was exactly what she needed – a chance to postpone reality.
- No one is inconsequential. We change at least one person’s life just by being born.
- That scene: Whatever you see, Whatever you hear, do not move. You will grow up. You will grow old. And when you do, Remember me.
- If we accept time for what it is, how it flows and how we flow with it, I doubt very much we would continue wasting loads of it by constantly checking our watches. Where we are now is a lifetime’s worth of steps have taken us.
- How could coming home make things worse? You can’t return to a place that no longer exists.
- Jonathan: When you get to be my age, you would hope that there wouldn’t be much left to cross off. Now, Afternoon tea, quiet walks, rainy mornings – nothing I haven’t done before, but everything I need to do now with my Rose as many times as I can, while I can. ❤ ❤ ❤
- Life is a strong drink served in an extremely short and fragile shot glass.
- Ghosts are the people who left invisible bruises on you – faces you tried your best to forget and believed you had. But it wasn’t the ghosts themselves that were scary. It was how they haunted you with old secrets.
- Most mornings bring small miracles. They wash away shadows and chase away ghosts.
Definitely recommending this one. ❤