GOODREADS: Thursday’s husband, Seth, has two other wives. She’s never met them, and she doesn’t know anything about them. She agreed to this unusual arrangement because she’s so crazy about him. But one day, she finds something. Something that tells a very different—and horrifying—story about the man she married.
What follows is one of the most twisted, shocking thrillers you’ll ever read.
HOLY SHIT. If you are looking for something like Gone Girl, this is it. It’s on some next level shit. I couldn’t put it down. Once I’ve decided to take a rest from reading, the end of the chapter just reels you back in.
The plot twists is mind blowing! like, HOW? I started this book with pity for Thursday for being stuck in a polygamist marriage then I moved on to annoyance of how she ever willingly said yes to this agreement and somehow understanding of how it turned her to be a stalker and quite obsessed with the other wives.
But then, here comes Seth with his charming antics and very sweet gestures only to be lured to his other personality as what Thursday believed him to be, – a man living with so much lies with a temper. Throw in a bitter ex-wife with her four inch heels, a successful job and a poise and class to match, a practiced liar and an opportunist, who finds herself in a situation to take revenge on the slut that ruined her marriage.
- That’s how women are, right? Always wondering about each other – curiosity and spite curdling together in little emotional puddles. If you wonder too hard, you’ll get everything wrong.
- No one tries that hard to keep their husband unless they’ve already lost him.
- The truth is that the heart’s desire is a mere current against the tide of nurture and nature. You can spend your whole life swimming against it and eventually you’ll get tired and the current of genes and upbringing will put you under.
- You don’t have to give up something you love just because other people disapprove.
- That’s what love is about right? Working with what your partner came with.
- A relationship can withstand almost any trial if the sex was good.
- It’s amazing how once you open a door for something, there’s o going back. All you can do is brace yourself as you get sucked in.
- We’re all just waiting for someone to stand behind us, aren’t we? Even if it’s just one person, it gives you strength.
- I was overcame with love – pressing, pressing, pressing my feelings down to accommodate him. Isn’t that what we do as women?
- Women are stuck in a cycle of insecurity perpetuated by the way men treat them and we are constantly fighting to prove to them our value.
- We see each other often, but no one really knows what’s happening behind everyone’s eyes.
- We busy ourselves trying not to be lonely, trying to find purpose in careers, and lovers and children, but any moment, those feelings we work so hard to possess could easily be taken from us.
This is all so confusing! There’s way too many plot twist and mind games! I LOVE THE BOOK. This reminds me of Verity by CHoover. ❤ ❤