GOODREADS: Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter. She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?
Before Valentine’s Day and the release of the second franchise, I finished reading this as part of my reading challenge. ❤
I understand the hype for the trilogy and I have not exactly read the third book but I liked the first one better. It’s a pretty easy light read but PK is exhausting and this second installment confirmed that I’m team john. ❤
I am definitely shipping for LJ and John Ambrose Mc Laren!!!! Chemistry between the two is undeniable and simple. It’s easy with him. He’s romantic and ideal and perfect in a sense.
What I didn’t like about the book was One, how confusing LJ was. I hate that she’s hung up on PK but still sends all those mix signals to johnny. And Two, that this PK is always choosing his ex girlfriend Gen. He may not see it as picking his ex over his present and that he’s only there for her as a friend but he’s not fucking considering how his girlfriend would feel. Right? Right? ‘I’m only there for her as a friend’ is total BS.
BUT, there’s a lot of things I liked too. I loved that the story line maintained the snail mail. It’s part of the charm of this whole trilogy. The letters of LJ and Johnny. ❤ just ❤ ❤ I love the USO Party and the dance and dressing up. I can just imagine Johnny in his military uniform stopping in the driveway in his jaguar. GAAAHH. ❤ I love the idea of the pin, of how it symbolizes commitment to a certain girl back in the day. I love the snowball gift of johnny. It reminds you of the moment they shared when they snuck out and played in the snow. ❤ I’m not being bias but shit. I love all the conversations of LJ and Johnny. I don’t mean to exaggerate but literally all of them. ❤ ‘Thank for the save’. – ‘Anytime’ with a big grin on his face as they drive away. ❤ I love how people from Johnny’s school knows about LJ. ❤ I love how Johnny said, ‘Do you want to build a Snowman?’ I love the relationship of the father to his three daughters. I loved the moment he said, ‘It pains me that you didn’t come to me when things were so hard for you at school.’ Sometimes, a parent tries so hard.
SPOILER ALERT: I hate that LJ chose to be with PK. I hate that Johnny was left hanging in the process. I hate that Johnny had to say, ‘Did I even have a shot?’ fuckin breaks my heart.
I also like to commend J.H. of how the relationship was portrayed in the story. It exposes the character’s flaws. The relationship was definitely far from perfect unlike others with all love-love-love. As you read through the book, you can see how the characters learn to be in a relationship and their growth as a person.
- You only know you can do something if you keep on doing it.
- People say the absence makes the heart grow fonder. I say proximity makes the heart grow fonder.
- The thrill of a boy putting his hands on you for the first time.
- Johnny: That peanut butter chocolate cake you baked was the best I ever ate.
- It’s the little things, the small efforts, that keep a relationship going.
- So what would you have asked for if you won? Johnny: Your peanut butter chocolate cake. ❤
- I deserve to be someone’s number one girl.
- Stormy Moment: What will I do now that peter’s not my boyfriend anymore? You’ll just do what you did before he was your boyfriend. You’ll go about your day and you will miss him at first but over time, it will ease. It will lessen. All you need is time and you, little one, have all the time in the world.’ It’s true. Stormy’s right.
- I didn’t know you could miss someone even more acutely when they’re only a few feet away.
- It can be tough with best friendships. You’re both growing and changing, and it’s hard to grow and change at the same rate.
- What’s the fun in anything if there aren’t a few roadblocks to spice things up?
- Stormy: You have to let yourself be fully present in every moment. Just be awake for it.
- I don’t think a girl ever gets over losing her mom. I’m an adult and it’s completely normal and expected for my mom to be dead but I still feel like an orphan sometimes.
- When you lose someone and it hurts, that’s when you know the love was real.
- Jung: the connection between two people that can’t be severed, even when love turns to hate.
- People come in and out of your life. For a time they are your world, they are everything. And then they are not. There’s no telling how long you will have them near.
- I know now that I don’t want to love or be loved in half measures. I want it all, and to have it all, you have to risk it all.
- Real isn’t how you are made. It’s a thing that happens to you. Does it hurt? Sometimes. When you are real, you don’t mind being hurt.
Anddd, that’s it!! Can’t wait for Valentines!!! Noah is coming here. ❤