Okay! So I read a total of 24 books last year.
With all that is happening last year, and being able to surpass my book count, I’d like to dare myself to follow a reading challenge this year.
I asked one of my colleagues, who also loves reading to choose a book for me. I gave her a list of 25 categories in which she would get to pick what book.
So aside from the books that I personally want to read, I’d like to follow the list below:
1. Book becoming a movie in 2020 – P.S. I still love you by Jenny Han
2. Goodreads Winner in 2019 – The testaments by Margaret Atwood
3. Less than 200 pages – The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
4. By an Author of Color – The Sun is also a Star by Nicola Yoon
5. A love story – Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid
6. Title with 5 words or More – Dear Heart, I hate you
7. More than 400 pages – Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Gasgow
8. Famous Author you’ve never read – The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
9. Set in Asia – Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
10. Reread a Childhood Favorite – A light in the Attic
11. Genre you don’t usually read – Carrie by Stephen King
12. A book everyone is talking about – A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin
13. Recommended by a family member – Normal People by Sally Rooney
14. About a Controversial Topic – Forbidden by Tabitha
15. The next book in a series – This Girl by Colleen Hoover
16. Debut Novel – The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
17. A book you haven’t read by an author you love – Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
18. With a color in the title – Will Grayson, Will Grayson
19. A book about politics – Engines of Privilege
20. By a Local Author – The woman who had two navels by Nick Joaquin
21. With two authors – Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
22. 2020 New Release – American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
23. A Book you saw someone reading – The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
24. A Self Improvement book – The Subtle Art of not giving a fck
Posting this here not only to share but my strategy to actually follow through. 😛
Currently, reading Skylarks now. After, will start with this challenge.
Mind sharing what you are reading now? ❤