GOODREADS: One kiss lasts a moment. But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime. One boy. One girl. A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade. A bond that neither time nor distance can break. A bond that will last forever. Or so they believe.
A seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation? Rune’s heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come.
A heartbreaking story of a bestfriend turned to a lover story. It’s not about betrayal or cheating or losing that friendship. It’s more than that. I felt the pain and if I were Rune, I don’t think I would have survived that.
- I always feel better when the light of my life sits beside me and talks to me some.
- This life, well, it’s just a great big adventure while we have it. An adventure to enjoy and love with all of our heart before we go on to the greatest adventure of all.
- Not just everyday kisses, but the special ones, the ones where my heart almost burst from my chest.
- Poppymin! It means MY poppy. For infinity, forever and always. You’re my poppy. I had blinkers on to any other girl. I only saw Poppy. In my world, only she existed.
- Maybe it was because sometimes all we get are moments. There are no do-overs, whatever happens in a moment defines life – perhaps it is life.
- Because something so beautiful can never last forever, shouldn’t last forever. It stays for a brief moment in time to remind us how precious life is. Because something so completely perfect and special is destined to fade.
- Maybe we’re like the cherry blossom, Rune. Like shooting stars. Maybe we loved too much too young and burned so bright that we had to fade out. Extreme beauty, quick death. We had this love long enough to teach us a lesson. To show us how capable of love we truly are.
- Why does it take a life ending to learn how to cherish each day? Why must we wait until we run out of time to start to accomplish all that we dreamed, when once we had all the time in the world? Why don’t we look at the person we love the most like it’s the last time we will ever see them? Because if we did, life would be so vibrant. Life would be so truly and completely lived.
- We should strive for all those precious breaths to be taken in as many precious moments we can squeeze in this short time on earth.
- We all have people who carry us through the worst times, the saddest times, the times that seem impossible to break free from. In one way or another, whether it’s through the Lord or a loved one or both, when we feel like we can’t walk on anymore, someone swoops in to help us, someone carries us through.
- Rune gave Poppy her dream to be able to play in one of the biggest stage: I still wanted you to have this. To have known what this dream would feel like. I wanted you to have a chance in the spotlight. A spotlight that, in my opinion you deserve, not as the person I love most in the entire world but as the best cellist. Tonight, you have the stage, poppymin. I just wanted you to have this dream fulfilled. ❤ ❤
- Poppy gave Rune back his passion to take photographs. She took him to see an exhibit of a famous photographer with pictures that changed the history of the world: A picture of Esther, his wife was included. It reads that even though the picture of his wife didn’t change the world, Esther changed his. ❤ ❤
- Love was simply the tenacity to make sure that the other half of your heart knew he or she was adored in every way. In every minute of every day.
- Poppymin, she was my cherry blossom. An unrivaled beauty, limited in its life. A beauty so extreme in its grace that it can’t last. It stays to enrich our lives, then drifts away in the wind. Never forgotten. Because it reminds us we must live. That life is fragile, yet in that fragility, there is strength. There is love. There is purpose. It reminds us that life is short, that our breaths are numbered and our destiny is fixed, regardless of how hard we fight. It reminds us not to waste a single second. Live hard, love harder. Chase dreams, seek adventures – capture moments. Live beautifully.
- Rune on the Anniversary of Poppy’s death: lighted one thousand lanterns, where there kisses were written – to reach poppy in heaven. — You were enough to last a lifetime.
I love every chapter. I loved the whole book. They are so much in love. They were both pouring their selves to each other. It’s a bit dramatic but god, their acts of love, the theater and the exhibit? ❤ ❤ ❤ my heart on the floor. and the letter of Poppy? Bawling!