Once you’re done with your church & venue, I think you need to be looking at the major suppliers, which are catering and photo & video. But since the catering is already booked together with our venue, let’s look at Photo & Video.
MY GOD. It took me MONTHS. 😀 I have been following quite a lot of photo vids even before I was engaged and I know exactly the style that I am looking for.
What do you need to know before you look for PV Suppliers:
This way, you will be able to trim down your list as you skim thru their pages or accounts. If you are planning to visit bridal fairs, for the love of god — do your research first! I can assure you that it’s overwhelming!! All the discounts, freebies and packages will be handed out to you and you’ll get CONFUSED as to what you want.
Some of the prominent styles out there: Bright & Light, Vintage, Rustic, Cinematic and Lifestyle. Personally, I wanted our PV team to have the Happy Happy Bright Light Style. The suppliers that I will be sharing with you are the ones that we considered and inquired.
Kindly take note that rates here are for 2018 – 2019 and they may have increased their prices.
PHOTO & VIDEO
What are the things you need to ask or consider:
- Do they have the style that I want?
- Do they have out of town fees?
- Do they give albums? (size, number of photos, material)
- Do they also give parent’s albums?
- When will you get the raw photos? (on the day, a month after)
- Do they shoot engagement session? (add on or included)
- Do they produce cinematic highlights? or just SDE? (some include both)
- Do they give you a copy of the whole wedding coverage? (some just sde)
- Do they produce AVPs? (love story, growing up)
- How many photographers? and how many videographers?
- Do they offer aerial shots?
- Do they produce save the date videos?
These are just some of the things that you might want to ask when you inquire. I might have missed something. I’ll add to it when I remember.
But, do your research, it will help. Set a budget and remember that you will be looking at these photos so make sure to choose a supplier that will capture the magic during your wedding.
Happy Preps! ❤