GOODREADS: ‘When he’s sent to Latham House, a boarding school for sick teens, Lane thinks his life may as well be over. But when he meets Sadie and her friends – a group of eccentric troublemakers – he realizes that maybe getting sick is just the beginning. That illness doesn’t have to define you, and that falling in love is its own cure.
- There’s a difference between dead and dying. Some of us die for ninety years, and some of us die at nineteen. But each morning everyone on this planet wakes up one day closer to their death. So living and dying are actually different words for the same thing.
- The life you plan isn’t the life that happens to you.
- The thing about being erased is that first you have to leave a mark.
- ‘But none of them are sadie’.
- We mourn the future because it’s easier than admitting we’re miserable in the present.
- Haven’t you ever thought about it? What you want to leave behind?
- It’s strange how we can lose things that are still right there. How a barrier can go up at any moment, trapping you on the other side, keeping you from what you want. How things that hurt the most are things you once had.
- We reach for whatever we think is going to dull the pain, and sometimes we don’t even want whatever it is, we just want to not be miserable.
- Being temporary doesn’t make something matter any less, because the point isn’t for how long, the point is that it happened.
- Life is getting the raw materials and when we die, we get to make patterns out of our lives and relive them in whatever order we ant. So that’s how you live a really great life. You make sure you have enough good days that you want to go back to.
- Because that’s all you can do in this world, no matter how strong the current beats against you, or how heavy a burden, or how tragic your love story. You keep going.
No matter how obvious it may be for other people, I did not see it coming! Man! Am I slow or have I not read enough books to have a smart guess? Haha. I thought it was lane who’ll die! Nonetheless, Sadie makes me reminisce and miss my HS friends when the most of are days are intended for breaking the rules. ❤ And If someone were to ask me, no. I have no clue what I’d want to leave behind.
How about you? What do you want to leave behind?