GOODREADS: ”Kate Sedgwick’s life has been anything but typical. She’s endured hardship and tragedy, but throughout it all she remains happy and optimistic (there’s a reason her best friend Gus calls her Bright Side). Kate is strong-willed, funny, smart, and musically gifted. She’s also never believed in love. So when Kate leaves San Diego to attend college in the small town of Grant, Minnesota, the last thing she expects is to fall in love with Keller Banks. They both feel it. But they each have a reason to fight it. They each have a secret. ”
- I love how detailed and unreal she describes the character: ‘Smiles aren’t always happy, but hers is. It’s open, content and confident. She looks friendly in the most literal sense of the word, like you’d swear you’ve known her for years, and she knows all your secrets. And still likes you in spite of them. It’s the same smile she wore everyday. It’s the same smile that made everything better. It’s the same smile that was tangible proof I was surrounded by goodness. It’s the same smile that made me feel like the luckiest person in the world.
- I’m doing cartwheels inside.
- Sometimes things go my way, sometimes they don’t. That’s life. You just have to make the most of it.
- If there’s anyone in this world who’s capable of insane amounts of love and who deserves to be loved that way in return, it’s you.
- You guys have a stellar evening!
- It’s rare. People don’t take the time to find it. Or they let it go too easily. Or they don’t know how precious it is when they have it.
- Sweetheart, you could steal my thunder anytime.
- You’re blushing like a whore in a church.
- Sometimes we need reminding that it’s all important – the good and the bad.
- You know, it’s not all fun and some of it is bullshit but that’s life, dude. Sometimes it sucks. But you know what? It always gets better.
- You’d better squeeze the life out of every single minute.
- I’m not saying you shouldn’t pursue your dreams, I’m just saying you should not forsake the present for the unknowns of the future. A lot of happiness is bypassed, overlooked, postponed to a time years from now that may never come. Don’t bide your time and miss out on this moment for a tomorrow with no guarantee.
- He’s owned the crowd all night.
- She’s his muse. Always has been. You saw what they just did together. No one else brings that out in him. They feed off each other.
Have you ever met someone who’s content and happy to her core? And when you’re around her it’s… contagious? Like you want to be a better person just so you feel worthy of being in that person’s life?
Imagine for a moment that you were free of all the expectations in your life. What would you do? How would you live your life with no one watching? What would your future look like?
Katie had an unbelievable gift for making the best of any situation, good or bad.