Have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time when you thought they would be here forever? If so, they you know you can go your whole life collecting days, none will outweigh the one you wish you had back.
There’s just a bigger, heavier and harder tug in your heart when it’s about parents, right? I don’t know about you but I usually don’t get affected easily in movies or in books whether if there’s an accident or a tragic event — but when they start talking about parents, count on my tears.
- There’s only your life, how you mess it up and who is there to save you.
- I seem to be aging while standing still.
- When you’re rotten about yourself, you become rotten to everyone else.
- All that happens when your dreams come true is a slow, melting realization that it wasn’t what you thought.
- Education is what you’ll make something of yourself.
- When someone is in your heart, they’re never really truly gone. They can come back to you even at unlikely times.
- Life goes by pretty quickly. It’s such a shame to waste time. We always think we have so much of it.
- You can find something truly important in an ordinary minute.
- You need to keep people close. You need to give them access to your heart.
- That’s the thing when your parents die, you feel like instead if going into every fight with backup, you are going to every fight alone.
- When you’re young, you nest in your parent’s plans, not your own.
- My mother loved me through vomit and snot and bloody knees. She loved me coming and going, at my worst and at my best. She had a bottomless well love for me.
- Kids chase the love that eludes them.
- Kids are embarrassed by their parents. Sometimes, kids want you to hurt the way they hurt.
- You do what you gotta do to hold your family together.
- You have to work at your marriage together. You have to love each other, your children and your marriage. There are times that you fight, sometimes you won’t even like each other, but those are the times you have to love your marriage. Look at your memories together, they will pull you back together.
- You count the hours you could have spent with your mother. It’s a lifetime in itself.
- When you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.
- Sticking with your family is what makes it a family.
- I believe that if parents love you, they will hold you up safely, above their swirling waters, and sometimes that means you’ll never know what they endured and you may treat them unkindly, in a way you otherwise wouldn’t.
Times my Mother stood up for me / Times I failed to stand up for my Mom:
- Mom: visiting chick in school just to have milkshake with him, showing up in every baseball game, smears ice cream just to make chick laugh, tickles him and lets chick tickle her back, impersonates cartoons, tucks him in every night.
- Mom: Posey scaring the dog away that was chasing charlie.
- Mom: Posey maid a mummy costume for chick’s first Halloween but it rained so the costume was soaked.
- Charlie: He yelled ‘You ruined my life’ after being soaked in the rain, ruining his costume.
- Mom: When posey helped her son finish his homework.
- Mom: ‘Never, ever tell a child that something is too hard! and never, NEVER this child’. — when the librarian didn’t allow charlie to take the book he wanted.
- Charlie: ‘It’s not right’, charlie says to his mother’s cooking of baked ziti.
- Charlie: He revealed that their Mom was pretending to be Santa while she tries her best to make Roberta happy.
- Charlie: yelling to her mother, ‘You make me sick’.
- Mom: Posey supported chick when he wanted to invest in a sports bar.
Sometimes the stories are simple, sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. But behind all your stories is always your mother’s story, because hers is where yours begins.
P.S. Read this to appreciate your parents better. ❤