Last week, I attended a training on Project Management. 😀 Sharing with you what I learned. 😀
4 PHASE PROCESS
- Clearly define the project’s objectives as thorough as possible.
- Organize the right people and all necessary resources – Work within your resources
- Create a rational why the project is needed
- Know the scope and limitation (budget, time and people)PLANNING
- Set a SMARTER Goal (Specific, measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time Bound, Energizing and Rewarding)
- Design activities that are aligned with the goal and decide in what order and within what time frame.
- Identify options (Risk Management and Contingency Plans)
- Monitor the progress and schedule
- Keep people motivated
- Ensure proper utilization of resources
- Discuss learning and milestones
TOOLS IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Roadmap of project which breaks down the total work required into separate tasks and group them into logical hierarchy.
- Horizontal Bar Chart that provides graphical illustration of a schedule that helps to plan, coordinate and track specific tasks.