I enjoyed my first book with this author. Thus, I think I’m sort of obligated to finish the book. I’m not saying that it was indeed a boring book but I wasn’t compelled. I didn’t fall in love with the characters and the boy was not charming. It felt like he was just this tall, awkward guy as I pictured him to be.
Goodreads: Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.
Anyway, here are my highlighted lines:
- Perfect is overrated. Perfect is boring.
- You’re delightfully screwy and I wouldn’t have you any other way.
- His kisses are gentle and rough, spearmint and cigarettes.
- But I could tell I made him nervous. For some reason, this only made me bolder. (I’d want to have this effect on men too. I wish I still make him nervous. )
- You can’t avoid your problems forever. No one can.
- How quickly one’s allegiance changes under the influence of a compliment.
- Does Max tell people about me? (Does he tell stories about me to other people too? I hope so. :/)
- A fullwattage grin.
- You’re late. You waited. — walking the dog scene.
- Cricket defined the hours of my day.
- His eyes twinkled as if it were the best day of his life. ( Do I still have this effect of happiness on him?)
- You’re like a shooting star.
- You’re doing the girl thing. Saying happy when you’re not. (the boyfriend always tells me this. Haha. And he figured out when I’m doing this)
- I love his laugh. It’s rare, so whenever I hear it, I know I’ve earned it.
- His gaze locks into mine, and his face alights like the stars. He smiles – a full smile that reaches all the way to his eyes – and it’s sweet and pure and hopeful.
- Go out with me tonight, tomorrow night, every night. (just heart, melting.)
- His name explodes inside of me, like cannon fire.
- When it’s right, it’s simple.
- People are clapping him on the back and trying to engage him in conversation, but Max’s eyes are only on mine as he brushes past them. (UGHHHH. I want this scene. Everyone was clamoring for him and yet his attention is to me. J ❤ . as he goes down the stage and kiss me?)
- Sometimes a mistake isn’t a what. It’s a who.
- When cricket stood behind lola to serve as a cloud to cover the heat of the sun. ❤
- Life isn’t what you get. It’s what you do with what you get.
- The energy between us ricochets so fiercely that it scares me.
- His gaze burns like an African sun.
- Do you think things have to be easy? For it to work? I mean, yes, but… sometimes there are extenuating circumstances that it prevent it from being easy for a while. But then people overcome those circumstances and second, third, fourth. Whatever it takes, however long it takes. If the person is right, then yes.
- There are some people in life that you can’t get over.
- I know you aren’t perfect but it’s a persons imperfections that make them perfect for someone else.
- If I’m the stars, Cricket Bell is entire galaxies.
- I’m here. I’m wherever you are.
*** I want someone to write a song for me, about me and dedicated to me. I also want to be one of the girls who had songs dedicated to them.