HA! I am pretty quite on track with my reading challenge! 🙂
Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart.
Noteworthy Lines / Scenes:
- Stay here next weekend. Go out with me.
- I wonder if I’m news worthy.
- It doesn’t matter. I’m with you. I’m happy to be anywhere with you.
- He tastes like desire. He tastes like my deepest craving fulfilled.
- So tell me about him. Tell me who I should be jealous of.
- You were definitely on my radar.
- Our fingers are in each other’s hair, and his breath is in the hollow of my neck and I wish the world would swallow us here, whole in this moment. And that’s when it hits me that this – is falling in love.
- We can’t stop smiling at each other. I can’t believe adults get to do this everyday. And I don’t mean sex. though it’s wonderful but things like this. Brushing our teeth at the same sink. Do adults realize how lucky they are? Or do they forget that these small moments are actually small miracles?
- I want a lot more of these nights with you, Isla. I want all of my nights with you.
- I want you to know that I love you. And I want to be with you. No matter what happens.
- The way he looked at you? He was consumed.
- If I never leave those areas of my life that feel comfortable, I’ll never have a chance at a greater happiness.
- A blank canvas has unlimited possibilities.
- I’ve always thought the best relationships are those that are as happy and content in silence as they are in action
- Take a risk. Take a fucking risk. If you keep playing it safe, you’ll never know who you are.
- I love that it shows the petty issues that high school couple face: which is the possibility of being apart after school, going to different colleges and old flames.
- I love that the male counterpart in this story is an artist!! A cartoonist. :)) I would love to have this turn into a movie and just look at the pictures that josh has been drawing.
- I love that they have a secret place. ❤
- I love that they both sneak out to travel.
- I also love how this book shows how isla is unsure of her future. It reminds me of myself.
- The Temple of Dendur
- Joyeux Noel