Goodreads: “Layken and Will have managed to overcome the obstacles that threatened to destroy their love, proving that they are destined for one another. What they are about to learn, however, is that the things that have brought them together may be the very things that ruin their connection forever…
Layken is left second-guessing the relationship whilst Will is jumping over hurdles to prove his love for her. What the young lovers discover about themselves along this journey may change their entire world and the lives of those who depend upon them the most…”
- I love Lake’s Mother for thinking of a jar full of stars that would somehow make them feel that she’s still around when they both need guidance.
- Vaughn is really someone to hate.
- I despise Will for keeping a secret from Lake! How can you not tell your girlfriend that you’re ugly ex girlfriend whom you had sex with is in your class – who you get to see three times a week and is currently sitting beside you in class? Fuck will. How can you not tell her?
- I LOVE KIERSTEN, her intelligence, her with, her confidence to talking with older people and the way her mind thinks. And yes, kiersten – Can I be your new bestfriend too?
- SUCK and SWEET Time – something that family and friends could bond over.
- FOREHEAD KISSES – they’re my favorite too. And I would definitely be pissed if my significant other gives my favorite kiss to another person. So, Will – you suck at this again.
- Sometimes, things can happen in life that you didn’t plan for. All you can do now is suck it up and start mapping out a new plan.
- My heart pounds against my chest. Not because I’m nervous. Not even because I want her worse that I’ve ever wanted her before. It’s pounding against my chest because I realize I’ve never been so sure about the rest of my life than I am in this moment. This girl is the rest of my life.
- Love is the most beautiful thing in the world. Unfortunately, it’s also one of the hardest things in the world to hold on to, and one of the easiest things to throw away.
- I’ll never be able to give you everything you deserve, but I’ll definitely spend the rest of my life trying.
- “Your mother encourages you to cuss?” Gavin says.
Kiersten nods. “I don’t see it that way. It’s more like she’s encouraging us to undermine a system flawed through overuse of words that are made out to be harmful, when in fact they’re just letters, mixed together like every other word. That’s all they are, mixed up letters. Like, take the word “butterfly” for example. What if someone decided one day that butterfly is a cussword? People would eventually start using butterfly as an insult, and to emphasize things in a negative way. The actual WORD doesn’t mean anything. It’s the negative association people give these words that make them cusswords. So if we all just decided to keep saying butterfly all the time, eventually people would stop caring. The shock value would subside…and it would just become another word again. Same with every other so-called bad word. If we would all just start saying them all the time, They wouldn’t be bad anymore. That’s what my mom says anyway.”
- You’re my plan. You’re always my only plan.
- She’s so incredibly beautiful, especially when she’s not trying to be.
- Everyone’s entitled to a bad day every now and then.
- “Sherry, until I met you I didn’t know what life was. I had no clue that I wasn’t even alive. It’s like you came along and woke up my soul.
Well, best wishes to you, Will and Lake! 🙂