Alright! I finished my first book for this year in 5 days! 🙂 I absolutely L – O – V – E the book! Colleen, you are climbing to my top favorite authors!
Goodreads:” When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.
Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.
They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.”
What do I love about the book? The way it was written. The way Mile’s thoughts was put into writing – it’s as if you can clearly imagine how he feels (especially every time he recalls Rachel). GAD. I love the book. Did I just say that again? Haha. Well, I do. It has to be repeated – get the picture.
And BTW, Miles is a fucking pilot! AND, was promoted to be Captain at 24. Whoa. And don’t just girls love the mysterious type? the silent type? It makes you want to spend time with them and wait for them to open up to you.
It’s him — remembering the small details about TATE that makes him charming and sweet and thoughtful but hot at the same time. It’s when he remembers that tate loves orange juice or that she wanted to know what it feels like to watch the sunrise from the sky or that he protected her from dillan, the maniac.
In essence, you can feel how deeply miles can love, may it be for Rachel or tate. He deserves happiness. 🙂
- Birthmark – was a story of how a person lost the battle in their past life.
- When Miles first met Rachel – he took a picture of her, sent it to his bestfriend and captioned it, ”she’s gonna have all my babies’.
- Sometimes it’s easy to forget how much you miss people until you see them again.
- It’s hard not to notice his presence when his presence becomes everything.
- Sometimes moving on is….. the only way to move on.
- That’s how it is when a person develops an attraction toward someone. he’s nowhere, then suddenly he’s everywhere, whether you want him to be or not.
- I love the long drive scene. (Miles and Tate were playing in the mirror. they were both staring at each other. until they both caught each other)
- His lips against mine feel like everything. Like living and dying and being reborn, all at the same time.
- I would infiltrate his heart and spread myself around like a virus.
- BEST pause SEX pause I’VE pause EVER pause FELT.
- He looks at me like I’m the most interest thing.
- Captain, the elevator guy — the lending ear.
- Love isn’t always pretty, Tate. Sometimes you spend all your time hoping it”ll eventually be something different. Something better. Then, before you know it, you’re back to square one, and you lost your heart somewhere along the way.
- We’ve got this, Rachel. We’ve got this, Miles.
- Sometimes a man’s spirit just ain’t strong enough to withstand the ghosts from his past.
- The difference between the ugly side of love and the beautiful side of love is that the beautiful side is much lighter. It makes you feel like you’re floating. It lifts you up. The beautiful parts of love hold you above the rest of the world. They hold you so high above all the bad stuff, and you just look down on everything else and think, Wow. I’m so glad I have her.
- I know the thought of confronting your past terrifies you. It terrifies every man. But sometimes we don’t do it for ourselves. We do it for the people we love more than ourselves.
- The pain will always be there. So will the fear. But the pain and the fear are no longer in my life. They’re only moments. Moments that are constantly overshadowed with every minute I spend with her.
HOW MILES FEELS
- I instantly become aware of my legs and their inability to stand. My mouth forgets how to speak. My arms forget how to reach out to introduce the person they’re attached to. My heart forgets to wait and get to know a girl before it starts to claw its way out of my chest to get to her.
- But her nod is the nicest thing a girl has ever said to me.
- When words come out of her mouth, it makes me wonder why words are so much better coming from her mouth than any other mouth. and her eyes. There’s no way her eyes aren’t seeing a prettier, more peaceful world than all the other eyes.
- She’s everywhere. She’s in everything. Everything single thing just become Rachel.
- My new favorite flavor is Rachel. My new favorite thing is Rachel. I want Rachel for my birthday. I want Rachel for Christmas. I want Rachel for graduation. Rachel, Rachel, Rachel.
- The way he’s looking at me right now — like I’m Thanksgiving Dinner.
- I have a lifetime of things I want to do to you.
- I want to laugh at everything she says.
- The only thing I want to see is you, and if I can’t have that.. nothing else is even worth it. You make it better, Rachel. Everything.
- But when you like to kiss someone because of who she is, the difference isn’t found in the pleasure. The difference is found in the pain you feel when you’re not kissing her. It only hurts when I’m not kissing her.
- Simple kisses are better when they’re from Rachel. You make everything better. My life. It’s better with you in it.
- I look at her – the girl I gave my heart to – and I wonder how I got so lucky. I wonder why she loves me just as much as I love her.
- I love that I’m attracted to her even more now that she’s a mom. I can’t stop staring at her.
- I want your mess. I want your clothes on my bedroom floor. i want your toothbrush in my bathroom. I want your shoes in my closet. I want your mediocre leftovers in my fridge. I also want you in my future, forever.