GOODREADS: ”Before Matt, Ella had a plan. Get over a no-good ex-boyfriend. Graduate from high school without any more distractions. Move away from Orlando, Florida, where she’s lived her entire life.
But Matt—the cute, shy, bespectacled bass player who just moved to town—was never part of that plan.
And neither was attending a party that was crashed by the cops just minutes after they arrived. Or spending an entire night saying “yes” to every crazy, fun thing they could think of.
Then Matt abruptly left town, and he broke not only Ella’s heart but those of their best friends, too. So when he shows up a year later with a plan of his own—to relive the night that brought them together—Ella isn’t sure whether Matt’s worth a second chance. Or if re-creating the past can help them create a different future.”
I’d want to have this freedom, for even a day or a night – a night where I can say yes to anything that is possible. In fact, scratch that — I need new friends, a group that’s liberating. Hmmmm. I’ll try joining club or a class where I’ll meet a new group.
I need a YES night to doing: skinny dipping, finishing a bottle of whatever, climbing a rooftop, singing in a band and all sorts of crazy things I wouldn’t want to do on a normal ordinary day.
AND, I NEED a friend who’ll dare me. who’ll push me.
- A Bestfriend Ritual: a new bracelet for each extra ordinary experience / event.
- It was the sense of possibility that I loved, the idea that anything could happen next.
- I’ve spent my life on the road, trying to find home, when really, you were always home to me.
- I want you and everything you come with.
- Couple Thing: Cheesy Jokes and Picking up random pictures, notes or paper.
- And I don’t know what to say because my heart is in my throat and I don’t kow if I want to throw up or cry or scream or smile.
- So, how about .. a high five for frienship?
- Never touch lit dynamite.
- Oblivious to the fat that my world is completely changing, all due to a single ‘HEY’.
- ‘Are you trying to kidnap me?’ — ‘Only a little’.
- Despite their fighting, they were still magnets, alwys drawn to each other.
- Essentially, you don’t have to dress pretty to look pretty. It’s a matter of.. conviction or something like that.
- You, my dear, are a rock star.
- I know there will be ups and downs and corkscrews and loops, but I don’t care. I keep my eyes closed and enjoy the ride.