GOODREADS: ”Futures are uncertain, unpredictable—like ink spilled across the purest surface. Nearly imperceptible ripples move and flow until a unique stain is formed. The ink is permanently embedded in the surface…
During one wild night in college, Jentry Michaels is a tidal wave of ink that brands Aurora Wilde’s soul. An unparalleled stain she can’t forget despite the many months that have passed—and despite the distraction she’d hoped she would find in her new relationship with Declan, the charmer who captured her heart soon after. Jentry has irrevocably touched her soul, and he is intertwined in her present and future in ways she never fathomed. Now Aurora is faced with keeping that night hidden though it feels as if the ink has indelibly etched their story across her skin.
When Declan is confronted with his own personal demons, Aurora must decide if she will continue to hold tight to their relationship and a safe, reliable future with him, or if she will turn to Jentry—the guy she can’t forget no matter how hard she tries…”
I think it’s beautiful. I see you is not a mere statement they both say to each other. But I believe it’s their way of seeing past the ‘Im okays’, ‘Everything is fine’, pretensions, white lies and masks. It is seeing the person for what he/she really is and accepting it no matter what baggage it comes with.
- ‘Rorie.. she’s GOD, I don’t know where to start with her, or how to explain her other than what I’ve told you. There’s just something about her that draws you in. But boring? Fuck… the last thing you could say about that girl is that shes boring.’.
- Touch my girl. See how long it takes me to kill you.
- There were girls who stayed with you for different reasons. body, face, lay… whatever it may be, good or bad. Then there were girls who destroyed you for anyone else after that, because they were so far from your world that having them again consumed you. Aurora had destroyed me, and I’d welcomed every minute of it. (I WANT TO DESTROY YOU TOO)
- You… you consume my mind.
- Just as long as you’re cleaning and decorating our place. And no matter what I might say or fights we might get in, know that I love you.
- Because I had left a part of myself with her that night, and I knew I would never be whole again until had her. It was as if she’d forced a piece of her soul into me, and taken mine in return.
- Each brush of his lips against mine was like a rush of oxygen to my lungs that I’d been deprived of all this time.
- Falling in love with someone was a whole different thing. It was life altering, soul changing. It was invincible ink, spilled onto your skin, writing every second of your story from beginning to end.
- What better time to get lost in another world than when your world shifted around you?
- Life wasn’t supposed to be easy. Life wasn’t supposed to be all light. There needed to be a balance. Just as the world needed night, we needed our trials.
- There is no part of you that isn’t beautiful. Don’t ever let anyone make you think otherwise.
- But how can a world where we aren’t together ever be okay?
- Stain me, Jentry. I don’t care. I’ll do it right back.
- I’m keeping you forever, Aurora. We’re gonna figure it out. Because it’s always gonna be us.
- This was it. This is my sunrise.
- We do what we have to do in order to survive when it feels like we won’t.
- She was my good, my light, my bliss.