From Jandy Nelson’s Website:
‘’Jude and her twin brother, Noah are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff dives and wears red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways … until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy as well as someone else — an even more unpredictable new force in her life. What the twins don’t realize is that they each have only half of the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake the world. ‘’
It has about everything; love lost, failed marriage, homosexual love, sibling relationship, parent-children relationship, passion, living your dreams, art and death.
- The world starts somersaulting.
- Even when I’m eating pizza, I wish I were eating pizza.
- Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once one grows up.
- If Mom died, the sun would go out.
- Her face is being swarmed by happiness.
- Because we’re all broken. I mean, aren’t we now? I am. The whole world is.
- The smile and accompanying crookedness hijack his whole face.
- Things don’t really turn out like you think.
- You need to be brave even when you’re afraid. That’s what it means to be a man.
- What makes you say the opposite of what every cell in your body wants you to stay?
- Mothers are your parachutes
- The world is a wrong sized shoe. How can anyone stand it?
- I love you, I say to him. Only it comes out as ‘Hey’.
- You give me chills. And you give me global warming.
- You have to see the miracles for there to be miracles.
- Everyone gets a one’and’only and you’re mine.
- He laughs a laugh so happy it blasts about a billion balloons into the air.
- It makes my chest ache with joy, horses-lunging-into-rivers joy.
- You can’t help who you love, can you?
- I think you can devastate me.
- Who knows if destiny is just how you tell yourself the story of your life?