I know, it’a bit 10 years late or so but whatever. I ended my subscription to Netflix last week and they told me I have until 5th of November to use what I paid for. Thus, I chanced upon this movie in Trending Now.
IMDB summarizes it in one line: A 10-year-old and an 11-year-old find love in New York City.
Some of you would say it’s a teenager movie, it’s too chick flick and all, But I, I loved it. Yes, it was a light movie — but it completely reminds you and takes you back those good ol’ days when you thought that it would be the end of the world, when you thought that there’s no one greater person than her/him at 15 years old. What the heck right? But this movie captures every single small detail.
- When Rosemary is stopping by at his house for a karate practice, he had his hair cut. He was also practicing in the mirror, ‘Hey, pretty lady!’ ‘Hi Rosemary!’ and all. – Wouldn’t it be nice if men actually prepares for your date?
- When they planned to meet up again. Gabe thought: ‘Best 3 words in the dictionary: ‘See you tomorrow’. – When someone is extremely excited to be with you. And you cannot wait for that time comes. Waiting is gruesome and excruciating even if the date is just tomorrow. It couldn’t come any sooner. Right?
- When Gabe was literally waiting by the phone.
- When they went to the concert. Gabe was mentally tortured whether to hold her hand or not. And he thought: ”Never had I been so keenly aware of the ability of palm to manufacture sweat, but I was determined to hold that girl’s hand for every single second.” – When being with that person makes you overly nervous and happy at the same time. And was just that too sweet? I was determined to hold that girl’s hand every single second.
- When they were roaming around NYC and she had her arms wrapped around him. He thought: ‘With that girl’s arms around me… there was nothing I couldn’t do’ – We could only wish to have that same effect, if he feels the same way when we do it to them.
- When gabe was looking forward to every single one of his karate classes, even if he was no good at it just because he’ll see rosemary.
- When Gabe was intentionally riding across his borders, outside of his neighborhood just to see her – because he couldn’t wait for 2 more days. – Let’s admit it. We’ve all done this! Secretly going to their ‘block’ so we can intentionally – unintentionally bump into them. Guilty!
There’s so much – it’s a time travel. And gabe also had a lot of realizations too;
- Love is an ugly, terrible business practiced by fools. It’ll trample your heart and leave you bleeding on the floor. And what does it really get you in the end? Nothing but a few incredible memories that you can’t ever shake. The truth is, there’s gonna be other girls out there. I mean, I hope. But I’m never gonna get another first love. That one is always gonna be her.
- Suddenly, I knew what I had to do. Love isn’t about ridiculous little words. Love is about grand gestures. Love is about airplanes pulling banners over stadiums, proposals on jumbo-trons, giant words in sky writing. Love is about going that extra mile even if it hurts, letting it all hang out there. Love is about finding courage inside of you that you didn’t even know was there
- Maybe not everything is supposed to last forever. Certain things are like… like… skywriting. Like, like, like a really beautiful thing that lasts for a couple moments and then… You know?
- As I held onto Rosemary Telesco for dear life, we both knew the truth. She was going off to camp and eventually, private school. We were on different roads, she and me. Two ships that passed in Sheep Meadow.
- Never had I felt so alive! I had a date with Rosemary!
- I couldn’t escape them, all the little things I left unsaid, I was drowning in them.