ARE YOU READY TO SPREAD YOUR WINGS AND FLY?
The story of Jonathan is relatively simple, except for the lengthy explanations on speed, wingspan, curves and winds. Jonathan teaches us a couple of things about life;
- “Most gulls don’t bother to learn more than the simplest facts of flight — how to get from shore to food and back again. For most gulls, it is not flying that matters, but eating. For this gull, though, it was not eating that mattered, but flight.” Eating is a way of survival. Flying though, is looking for something that you truly love, learning it and perfecting it.
- ”He found that moving more than one feather at that speed will spin you like a rifle ball… and Jonathan had flown the first aerobatics of any seagull on earth” Jonathan taught us that to achieve excellence, you have to fail. Failure is inevitable. Failing not once, not twice, not thrice but constant mistakes should be encountered to reach excellence. But with each failure, each mistake that you experience, you learn a new lesson everyday. You learn one more thing that you should not do. You learn one more thing that you should avoid. Through this, you achieve excellence, you achieve perfection.
- “I have no wish to be leader. I want only to share what I’ve found, to show those horizons out ahead for us all” The important thing is to be able to share to others what you know. It’s not that you know something, it is when others know what you know, that’s your legacy.
- Jonathan Seagull discovered that “boredom and fear and anger are the reasons that a gull’s life is so short, and with these gone from his thought, he lived a long fine life indeed. “
- “You must begin by knowing that you have already arrived.” It’s what you think of yourself that matters most. It’s your thought that determines the outcome. If you already think that you’ve won, then you win.
- Everything that limits us, we must put aside.
- “Your limitations is nothing more than your thought itself, in a form you can see. Break the chains of your thought, and you will break the chains of your body too”.
- “Don’t believe what you’re eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you’ll see the way to fly”
We can lift ourselves out of ignorance, we can find ourselves as creatures of excellence and intelligence and skill. We can be free! We can learn to fly!