According to the reviews that I’ve read, this book is supposed to be a prequel to THE GIRL WHO NEVER WAS.
Granted, I have NOT read The Girl who Never Was, statements below are just my opinion. What is? THE BOOK HAS NO STORY. IT HAD NO SENSE. It bored me, most parts and it was confusing all together.
Okay, so Selkie here is trying her hardest to be normal. This is a story of a girl who tries to conform with the society. Thus, apart from the things below, the essence of the book is a BLUR.
- It’s hard to make friends when you’re different, when you feel like you’re so different that you don’t even recognize the people around you, that they could be an entirely different species.
- I THINK THAT THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS NORMAL. I THINK THERE IS JUST WHAT IS AND WHAT ISN’T – THE REALITY YOU MAKE FOR YOURSELF – THE ONE YOU HAVE AROUND YOU.
- I don’t know why you want to be normal. You couldn’t ever be normal. You’re YOU. and that’s so much better.
- My life is my life. It’s weird and crazy, but I don’t really want another one.
- OR MAYBE, WE’LL JUST FIND OUR WAY TO MAKING OUR OWN SORT OF NORMALITY.