As I was busy typing whatever report I was doing at that time, this guy who I care not to mention here, started a conversation out of nowhere. He was recounting what an awful night he had, how he had no sleep, how he went to work straight from a birthday party, how awful it was that they allegedly finish 3 bottles of tequila, 2 bottles of gin and 2 cases of San Miguel beers. — all this in a bragging smug voice.
When did I ever say that I was interested in your life?
So here are the list of people that ticks me off.
1. When people start a conversation like ”Wala nga akong tulog eh. Naginom kasi kami kagabi. Nakaubos kami nang 3 bote nang tequilla, 2 bote nang gin and 2 case nang San Mig beers. Sakin nga pinaubos lahat eh”. And I’m like, I don’t care. Odi ikaw na malakas uminom! Ikaw na cool. I also have a friend who doesn’t smoke or who easily vomits with 1 shot of tequilla. And she used to borrow our drinks of bottles and ask one of us if we can take a picture of her, just so she can post it on social media. What the heck? Just so other people would think she smokes and drinks. — Huh.
2. It’s when you’re not even sure if they just got out of bed, and they’re brains are still on a continuous snooze button fight. I’ve had some clients call on the phone and goes ”Uhm. I’d (silence) I’d like to uhm. uhh. (silence) I’d like to ask. (silence) errr. I’d like to ask, if if if (silence) my balance.” oh good lord! Finish your sentences first before calling and wasting both our time! Geez.
3. Please do not pretend that we’re close. You have no right to know everything that goes on in my life. Not just that. I dislike people who thinks its okay to break open my bag or my wallet and take a look at each and every little piece inside. I am not also giving you permission to snoop in my notebook or my journal or my diary. So, Stop before I throw a hot iron at you.
4. A new hip restaurant just opened yesterday. You texted them, ”Hey, want to eat at _____”. And she replies, ”Yes! I tried that already last month! Let’s! Where is that again?”.
Last month, huh? And you’re asking where the restaurant is? A person who wants to be the center of attention.
5. Unfaithful Bastards No matter what you think of yourself, you are still lucky with what you have with your girlfriend or boyfriend. Never, ever cheat on someone and do not ever give your someone a reason to be jealous of someone else.
She chose you out of all the boys who’s willing to give her anything. He picked you out of all the girls he could’ve courted. If you want someone else, be decent enough to break up with your present someone first.
6. Me Me Me. When every conversation has to be around that person. No matter what the topic is, the most skilled ability of this person is to stir the conversation back to her/his awesome self.