I finished reading this in a month. And that alone tells me, it did not hypnotize me all too well as I thought it would.
The only possible reason why I kept reading is because I consider this as one of the more familiar and popular
So I’ll just list down all my highlighted notes in my copy.
1. Whenever you feel like criticizing any one, just remember that all the poeple in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.
2 . For the intimate revelations of young men, or at least the terms in which they express them, are usually plagiartisic and marred by obvious oppressions.
3. A sense of the fundamental decencies is parcelled out unequally at birth.
4. If personality us an unbroken series of successful gestures, then there was something gorgeous about him, some heightened sensitivity to the promises of life, as if he were related to one
of this intricate machines that register earthquales ten thousand miles away.
5. I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life.
6. Laughter is easier minute by minute, spilled with prodigality, tipped out of a cheerful word.
7. The world concealed something – most affections conceal something eventually, even though they don’t in the beginning.
8. There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired.
9. Then he kissed her. At his lips’ touch, she blossommed for him like a flower and the incarnation was complete.
10. Thirty – the promise of a decade of loneliness, a thinning list of single men to know, a thinning briefcase of enthusiasm and thinning hair.
11. She was feeling the pressure of the world outside, and she wanted to see him and feel his presence beside her and reassured that she was doing the right thing after all.
12. You’re worth the whole damn bunch put together.
13. Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he’s dead.
14. Angry, and half in love with her, and tremendously sorry, I turned away.
15. So we beat on, boat against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.