For his Christmas Gift, Roumel gave me a book, stated above.
From the site of Goodreads, ”All Tulo had wanted was some light and warmth to sustain him and his tiny sister through the terrible storm. But the star which he caught in the folds of his red kite promised far from more than that. Here is the shining, joyful message meant not only for the boy but for all those who dream of changing their lives for the better.”
Some things that you might want to think about from the book:
- One can always find a seed of happiness in every adversity if one looks for it.
- It is possible not only to survive but also to grow tall and flourish, even under the worst of conditions.
- Always seek an explanation to everything. (Question anything and everything)
- Great minds need books on which to feed as much as the reindeer need the moss to survive or winters.
- The opportunity and challenge to work with a gifted child rarely comes to a teacher. (which is sad, right?)
- There is nothing in the world so much admired as a man who knows how to bear unhappiness with courage.
- Magic will only work with those who are ready to help themselves.
- We can make any dream come true if we work hard, ask for god’s help and never give up.
- We are all caught in the same trap and e gave no one to blame but ourselves for this helpless condition we are in.
- We have traded our heredity for silly luxuries.
- Of all the planets with life in the entire universe, earth is the only one where people have been given a very special power: the power of choice. Only here, no matter how desperate your circumstances may be, are you allowed to influence your own destiny through the choices you make. Here, you can choose to be kind, or hateful, courageous, cowardly, rich or poor, lazy or industrious, sinful or holy.. and of course suffer the consequences or reap the rewards of your actions.
- No accuser lives who is as powerful as the conscience which dwells within us.
- It is not necessary that you be wealthy or famous or genius in order to fulfil your own destiny. All that is asked is that you use whatever gifts you have to the best of your ability.
- To struggle is the only certain way to reach your full potential.
- Wealth and fame area as fleeting as the wind, and those things doomed to perish bring pleasure to no one. Whatever you want from life, never forget that any goal is futile if you must work hard to get it – and harder to keep it.
- The greatest lie that has ever circulated is that money can make you happy. The second greatest lie is that success and fame are worth any sacrifice.
- We are rich only through what we give and poor only through what we keep.
And according to the star Acabar, below is the Credenda that we should live by:
Turn away from the crowd & its fruitless pursuit of fame & gold. Never look back as you close your door to the sorry tumult of greed and ambition. Wipe away your tears of failure & misfortune. Lay aside your heavy load and rest until your heart is still. Be at peace. Be unafraid. Nothing here can harm you except yourself. Do that which you dread & cherish those victories with pride. Concentrate your energy. To be everywhere is to be nowhere. Be jealous of your time since it is your greatest treasure. Reconsider your goals. Before you set your heart too much on anything, examine first how happy they are who already possess what you desire. Love your family & count your blessings. Reflect how eagerly they would be sought if you did not have them. Put aside your impossible dreams and complete the task at hand no matter how distasteful. All great achievements come from working and waiting. Be patient. God’s delays are never God’s denials. What you sow, good or evil, that you will reap. Never blame your condition on others. You are what you are through your choice alone. Learn to live with honest poverty. Never meet trouble halfway. Always learn from others. Do not overload your conscience. Avoid boasting. Be wise. Realize that not all men are created equal, for there is no equality in nature, yet no man was ever born whose work was not born with him. Love everyone, even those who deny you, for hate is a luxury you cannot afford. Seek out those in need. Be of good cheer. Above all, remember that very little is needed to make a happy life. Look up. Reach out. Cling siply to God & journey quietly on your pathway to forever with charity and smile.