Almost every fairytale story book starts with Once upon a time…
After the first episode, like a magical rope it pulled me in, a heavy dust of magic sucked me right in the middle. I love how the plot reveals different myths and different characters. I love how it captures the essence of the stories we grew up with, tear it apart and replace some parts that are more complicated. I love how each disentangled part now consumes other tale’s gaps. I love how each character seems to know one character to the next.
Physically, I love love love Emma. I love how fair her skin is, I love the way her hair is curled and her red lips. I love Bram! I love Belle and Red Riding Hood and I also love the Evil Queen! She is pretty, can’t deny that. But my favorite character? Rumplestiltskin. If I can have a mind as quick as he has, If I can clever as he is, that confidence and vulnerability all at the same time. I love him for his mind, for his treacherous ways, his strategies and tricks, all of it.
Some of the life lessons in Season 1.
1. How far are you willing to go? — Rumplestiltskin
2. Power is seductive. — Rumplestiltskin
3. If true love is easy, everyone would have it.
4. People are going to tell you who you are your whole life. But you have to punch back and tell them, ”No. this is who I am.”. You want people to look at you differently, Make them. — Emma
5. You know how you walk into a situation where you know exactly what’ll happen but you go and do it anyway. And then when what you’re afraid of happens, you kick yourself cause you should’ve known better. But that’s just who you are. It’s like punishing yourself. — Snow White // Mary Margaret
6. Love’s the worse. I wish there’s a magical cure.
7. Being around you is too painful. — Snow White // Mary Margaret
8. My love grows for you with every beat of my heart. — Evil Queen
9. You can do anything as long as you dream it. — Dreamy // Grumpy
10. Never Abandon family — Madhatter
I love how the stories that started with once upon a time and ended with a happy ending can now be scenic and turned into a reality. A reality where there isn’t always a prince charming ready to save you, how in the world there’s no seven dwarfs and there are no fairy godmothers.