Many believe that Hippocrates was the one who wrote the oath.
New Physicians who are to practice medicine are advised to swear under this oath – to uphold a certain specific ethical standards.
Of which are:
1. Treat the sick to the best of one’s ability
2. Preserve patient privacy
3. Teach the secrets of medicine to the next generation.
Old Classic Way
1. To hold him who has taught me as equal to my parents and to live my life in partnership with him
2. If he is in need of money to give him share of mine
3. Teach them this art – if they desire to learn it – without fee and covenant
4. I will apply dietic measures for the benefit of the sick
5. I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect,
6. I will not use the knife
So, being an avid fan of food and placing my dreams of having my own renowned restaurant on a pedestal,
Is there a version of a Hippocratic Oath for Restaurateurs? I’d like to know.