I am saddened by the news that the world just lost one of the funniest men in the industry.
Many will remember him in his numerous comedic movies but I will always admire his greatness in Patch Adams, Jack and most of all, Dead Poet’s Society.
It’s even sadder that more and more people are committing suicide due to depression.
The world really needs more smiles and hugs.
1. You’re only given one little spark of madness, you mustn’t lose it.
2. To die would be an awfully big adventure – Hook
3. Because in the end, none of us have a very long time n this earth. Life is fleeting. And if ever you’re distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky when the stars are strung across the velvety night. And when a shooting star streaks through the blackness, turning night into day, make a wish and think of me. Make your life spectacular. I know I did. I made it mom. I’m a grownup – Jack
4. I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone – World’s Greatest Dad
5. So avoid using the word ‘very’ because it’s lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don’t use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason. Boys – to woo women and in that endeavour, laziness will not do. – Dead Poet’s Society
6. Carpe Diem. Seize the day, boys, Make your lives extraordinary. – Dead Poet’s Society
7. No matter what people tell you. Words and ideas can change the world. – Dead Poet’s Society.
Suicide has underlying issues – and those issues can be addressed.
Williams proved that weirdness wasn’t just OK, it was amazing.